Opportunities are Broken

I'm sure it can't just be me, but no lead (ever) for all of 2022 has not even "read" my message to them. I get that I will not be hired 100% of the time, but I don't see a "read' checkmark on any of them, nor have any responded. It's sad that Thumbtack is not addressing this.

I reached out to support and their answer was: "In the customer's point of view, opportunity leads are presented in a way as suggestions, not as another option. Most likely, this is why customers don't bother to reach out to "suggested" pros, since they do not match their requirement.".

That response is incredibly disheartening to hear and makes me lose all interest in pursuing "Opportunities" (in quotes because it's not an opportunity at all).

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator Posts: 461

@Rvpto thanks for posting! I have heard this a few times in the Community, so you are not alone! Unfortunately, what the support team told you is correct - opportunities are not going to be exact matches - meaning they have already reached out to a pro who matched what they were searching for. So, I think many customers don't look at those as they have already reached out to a pro directly. On the bright side, you don't pay for those unless the customer engages. But, I understand your concern being that you just want to get more leads!

How has your luck been with targeted/exact match leads? Are you relying mostly on opportunities vs leads? I wish I had a better answer, but I am happy to help you look over your preferences to see if there is anything there that can be tweaked to help you get more exact match leads!