Calendar Issues

First I’m glad to see others posting about the downfalls of thumbtack like refunds, lead price increases, etc. Last few times I tried bringing up thumbtacks fails my post would get deleted..

Now to my issue which I have brought up to thumbtack multiple times and posted once before on here and got deleted. Why can’t they have a working calendar? It only gives you the option to block out an entire day, or to manually input your availability for every single day, over and over again. Not even a simple repeat feature. As a personal trainer my hours fluctuate daily. I don’t have time to manually input my schedule everyday. Plus a lot of times are spoken for by repeat clients. So just because I list my hours as 5am-8pm it doesn’t mean I can service those hours for new leads. But because I have to input/block off those times manually everyday new leads don’t know that. So instead it leads to getting charged for leads you can’t service. This forces me to hide my business almost every month to not get charged for leads I can’t accommodate.

Anyone else running into this issue or is it just me?!

Thumbtack please fix your calendar or let us sync our google calendars so new leads can see our up to date availability before contacting us.

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,582

@Msanchez This is a big piece of feedback and we are continuously working on integrations to make your experience with Thumbtack better. I sent you a DM with more info about Google Calendar specifically! Thanks!

• kdiddy01
    kdiddy01 Posts: 4

so was this problem solved? was there a google sync that happened that wasnt updated or told to all of us through email or any other way?

• I’m a Personal Trainer and have incurred so many financial issues with potential clients. They send me a lead and I respond, then the never open my response, and boom $31 is spent, 2, customers contact me asking how much charge? That’s another $31, since they see it 3x before they see my profile! So that’s already over $60, in a day. 3. Clients contact me for information, we go back and forth, then they say okay I’m not ready yet, but than you, yep another $31, racked up!! I think this is so injustice to me as a Trainer! I can’t afford these types of leads. I get no refunds for these either. I e had to hide my business in the last couple of months, more than I have in 6 years, be so can’t afford to get clients to make money! I’m in the negative most of the time:)

• I too find myself in the negative, without a refund. No one replies, no refund…it’s a lot!

thinking I’ll have to hide mine as well for a bit we shall see how the weeks goes…I’m pretty new at thumbtack so I’m trying to get the hang of it and follow suggestions!

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,582

@AngelaKeshavjee and @Swiftwater_sweeper So sorry to hear that you have so many unresponsive customers! That is so frustrating (speaking from experience, as I was a Thumbtack pro before I joined the Thumbtack team!). @Lemargriffinfilms has some great advice for how he handles non-responsive customers and sometimes turns them into customers!

Angela you probably already have checked this, but Swiftwater since you are new I would suggest making sure you really have your preferences dialed in - make sure you have everything set to only the types of jobs you want to do so you make sure you are only getting the leads you want. Also make sure you have the information you want customers to see upfront in your intro.

Hope this helps even a little bit!

• I definitely have everything in place. Most of these customers only choose me, and I respond and then they don’t open my response. I always try to follow up, with an email and a text for, but the customer is always non-response. I’ve been doing this for a lot of years. It wasn’t until the price changes, when this has really become so financially expensive! I even put a snip it in my bio to let whomever know that reads it, that serious inquiries only, since I pay for each lead. But I’m thinking 9 out of 10 don’t read profiles.

• kdiddy01
    kdiddy01 Posts: 4

its more like 10 out of 10 dont read profiles, or how things work when they fill out the job that they need done. i feel like thumbtack needs to be more clear about things to the customer as to the price for the job they are inquiring about from whichever pro they choose, that way it saves the pro ALOT of money, and saves the customer time and a headache from having to respond to pros that give them the same prices that was originally posted

• I completely agree!! I would love to save money! Those customers are probably the same ones I absolutely can not get a review from, although they loved my work!