A Question About The Insights...

Community Veteran
Best Answer

The "How You Compare" feature allows us to view other Pros in the same profession as us by displaying three other Pros as "Most Popular In Your Area". Of my Private Cooking Lessons service, the first most popular Pro is someone who has 0 hires on Thumbtack. How does that make him popular? 

replies
Highlighted

Re: A Question About The Insights...

Community Veteran
Best Answer

Why are the other two Pros listed as "Most Popular in Your Area"? One is from Bethel, CT (60.3 miles distant at just over an hour travel time) and the third is from Seldon, NY, which is 88.6 miles from me clocking in at 2 hours 35 hours travel time. These are not my area.

Basically, Bethel CT is closer to The George Washington Bridge (which links NYC with New Jersey) than to me. Seldon, NY is in the center of Long Island, NY. I am in the center of Connecticut.

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@ChefOfAllSeason the pros shown in that section are the 3 pros with the most conversations recently in the selected category.

As for how far away they are, pros that are shown will be within a 50-mile radius. Mind you that radius is in a straight line (as the crow flys), and not driving distance. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer
@Kameron:
The distance data is from Google and is based on automobile travel only. If I understand you correctly, conversations with potential customers constitutes popularity. Indeed an interesting notion. It behooves one to mention however, unless we consider the Tri-State Area of my area, to be part of my area, Pros in New York State are not my area. Please clarify. Thanks.
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Kameron : The 50 mile radius south of me ("as the crow flies") ends at Bridgeport, CT. Seldon, NY is well outside this range. Could you please elaborate?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer
Here is a link to a distance calculator. I believe TT uses zip codes in its calculations so use the same here.
https://www.myrateplan.com/how_far
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@MR Thank you. I tried out the distance calculator and it confirms that both Bridgeport, CT and Seldon. NY are well outside a 50 mile radius "as the crow flies". This is a great tool. I hope to gain more insight about area criteria here on TT. Thanks again.

0 Likes
Highlighted

What is “Great Fit”?

Community Veteran
Best Answer
I recently received an email with a lead that did not appear in my inbox. The subject was titled “Great Fit”. The lead’s address is on Shelter Island, NY. That is well outside my Target areas and well outside the geographic 50 mile radius the crow flies. Please explain. Thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: What is “Great Fit”?

Community Expert
Best Answer

@ChefOfAllSeason

The 50-mile radius we discussed mainly applied to the specific section of the Insights that you asked about.

Opportunities shown in the Jobs tab will be shown up to 150 miles, but you can use the filter on that page to narrow down what you'd like to see.

A "Great Fit" will apply to a new opportunity in the Jobs tab and not to an actual lead. Which is why it was not shown in your inbox. In order for it to be tagged as such, it will need to be within your preferences. I did check all 3 service areas that you offer to see that Shelter Island, NY is not listed. If you can get me the customers name on the project I can check into this further.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: What is “Great Fit”?

Community Veteran
Best Answer
I will send a screenshot in a DM out of respect to the customer’s privacy. What I am really asking is why are some leads categorized “great fit” suddenly? How is a “great fit” different than a partial match in the inbox? Is it another every day lead that has a few traits that match my preferences yet not enough to qualify as a partial match fir the inbox? When was the “Great Fit” classification implemented?
0 Likes