Highlighted
Best Answer

A valuable search filter needlessly eliminated

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Customers searching for tutoring for the SAT, GRE, LSAT, etc. used to be able to specify which tests they wanted help with and find tutors qualified to tutor those tests.  It appears that this is no longer the case:  Customers no longer have search filters for specific tests and can only search for "Test Prep Services."

I think this is a big mistake--there are some important differences among the tests, and it is certainly wrong to suppose that a tutor for one test can also handle any other.  Now that all the "Test Prep Services" pros are being placed in one big illogical basket, it's harder for customers to find the help they need.  Many will give up and try other websites.  This is bad for the customers, bad for the pros, and bad for Thumbtack.

I have a feeling almost all my fellow tutors are going to agree with me on this one.  Please bring back the test-specific filters!

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: A valuable search filter needlessly eliminated

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hey there @JohnCB, I'm happy to give some clarification on this. Although this option isn't in the filters in search results, we do ask customers what test they're preparing for when they decide to reach out to a pro. 

I have attached screenshots of what question is asked and what options customers have to select from. Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: A valuable search filter needlessly eliminated

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hey there @JohnCB, I'm happy to give some clarification on this. Although this option isn't in the filters in search results, we do ask customers what test they're preparing for when they decide to reach out to a pro. 

I have attached screenshots of what question is asked and what options customers have to select from. Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes