Highlighted

Applying for jobs

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I am a lawyer. When I apply for jobs I am told I need to add my license. I have done that and it has been verified. I am given no options for moving to the next step to actually apply. I keep getting a add your license screen, yet I see my license verification. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: Applying for jobs

Best Answer

@rknechtel I'm seeing that you have a few new leads to respond to as well as the option to quote on some projects in the Opportunities section. Neither are showing me a prompt about adding licensing, and I see that your profile does have a verified license included. Can you possibly add a screenshot via desktop to show us where exactly you're running into this? If not you may want to contact support

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

After clicking "view opportunity"After clicking "view opportunity"It then goes hereIt then goes hereIt then takes me hereIt then takes me here

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@rknechtel thank you for those screenshots. It looks like your license is for Michigan. For jobs in Florida, we require a license in that state to respond to certain services. Because this job in particular is in Florida, you will need to have a license in Florida in order to quote on this job. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I understand your position. As a point of reference: USPTO trademark registration is a matter of federal law. An attorney licensed in any state and competent in trademark law can assist no matter the state of residence of the client. In my almost 30 year career I estimate that less than 10 percent of my clients have been from Michigan. I have a national IP practice.

Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

After some reflection, partially based upon our message exchange today, and considering my practice, I do not think Thumbtack is right for me. Thank you for letting me join. 

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@rknechtel we'd hate to lose you over this situation. If you'd like to discuss your account with us and get clarification on anything, we'd be happy to have a conversation with you. Just give us a call at 800-948-2034.

0 Likes