Re: Background checks not processing

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hi there @mazee07, happy to look into it! First, can you send me a private message with your email address that's associated with your Thumbtack account? 

0 Likes

Re: Background checks still not processing

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  I know I just started but I figured since my background check came back the same day cleared it would update on my profile but it didn't.  

0 Likes

Re: Background checks still not processing

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Happy you reached out @neciscriptwrite. I'll look into this and send you a private message with more info! 

0 Likes

Issue with Checkr and Profile

Community Regular
Best Answer

Hi, can a moderator/representative assist me? I'm a new Pro on the site trying to list my services. I have recieved the intial Checkr background results stating I'm all clear and I'm just waiting for my profile to be updated. I understand it takes a bit of time to do so.

Twice now I have been alerted by Thumbtack via email that I need to take action to complete my background check. I filled out the form a second time and do not want to do it a third time. Especially since the Checkr site shows it to already be recieved and a duplicate.  It's a little concerning and I'm not keen on having to re-enter my private data again and again. 

Also, I am recieving requests from potential clients that I cannot quote on beause it wants me to fill out a background check. 

This is a poor user experience for a service provider and disconcerting. I hope prospective clients don't think I'm ignoring them. Please explain how this works. 

0 Likes

Re: Issue with Checkr and Profile

Community Regular
Best Answer

Quick update to my orginal post. I received yet another urgent notification via email from TT. So, I ended up reaching out to TT via chat. I had to attach a copy of the background report and email from Checkr. They are looking into it and will email me with an update. 

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@neaterchristi I'm happy you were able to get in contact with our support team. I'm looking into this as well and will get back to you once I get an update. 

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@neaterchristi this has all been taken care of! If you log into your account, you'll see that your background check completion is listed on your profile. You're now able to connect with customers.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. 

0 Likes

Community Regular
Best Answer

Thank you I now see it on my profile. Appreciate the help. As a suggestion to improve the User Experience, I think TT really needs to revaluate this process so it's less confusing. At minimum, your system should not be sending urgent emails asking Pros to complete a background check multiple times when it has already been submitted and/or completed. We receive an email from Checkr when it's done and then it seems to be a matter of TT completing things on their end. Seems like a simple change in the flow of automated emails is needed. 

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@neaterchristi thanks for the feedback, I'll pass that on to the appropriate team! 

0 Likes

Community Regular
Best Answer

@Meckell wanted to let you know that I received a fourth email just now despite having the background check completed.

It says: 

Thumbtack has engaged Checkr, a company that runs background checks, to complete your background check as part of your onboarding process. Thumbtack cannot move forward until you have completed this background check. You have:

6 days
left before this invitation expires
Start Background Check

0 Likes