Highlighted

Can't mark leads as "hired"

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I just noticed that I can  no longer mark leads as "hired" when I've finished a job.  I can (and did) request a review, but I can't mark the job as hired and it isn't adding to my statistics.  

States
replies
Highlighted

Re: Can't mark leads as "hired"

Community Regular
Best Answer

I called about this and was told that they were trying to get this feature incorporated into the app, and that it would be resored to the site by 3/10...perhaps he meant to say by 3/10/21.  I have noticed that the customer can mark hired.  I had someone do it last week.  

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

Hey, @JoeB131 are you attempting to do this via the app or by desktop? Currently, pros can update the status of a project when on the iOS app and Android will be the same very soon.

To update a job’s status, open the conversation with the customer. Under the lead details (near the top of the screen), tap the dropdown menu and pick a job status. If you've marked the job as done and the customer confirms or leaves you a review it will also add to your overall hire count.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@Kameron - I did it on the desktop.  My Phone is an android, so it won't let me fix it through the App, either.  

Clearly, the difference here is that the customer has to confirm that the Pro did the job.  I'm really not sure why that is necessary, as a lot of customers really don't come back to Thumbtack after the job is done or they ignore the email as spam.  I'm not seeing how this is a help to the Pro, really.  

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@JoeB131 I see that you requested a review which will be different than updating the project status. As mentioned, this is, and will only be available on the apps. You make some valid points here and I'll be sure to pass along your feedback around the customer needing to confirm in order to add to the hire count. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
I totally agree with @JoeB131. Most customers don't even look back! Why only one side interests are considered in all changes? Whereas we are the ones paying for? @Kameron
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Exactly. I am just guessing but I think your average customer gets what they need from thumbtack, then never opens the app again. They could care less about leaving a review! Unless it’s to complain!
Adrienne Morgan
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
So I just received an email response from Support regarding this subject and sorry, but this is beyond ridiculous! I just booked two jobs for September and November. You are telling me that those hires won't be reflected until at least the Fall and only if they leave a project status or review? Do you all understand that the client no longer communicates with me through Thumbtack? We only communicate via email or phone now. I doubt they are even reading anymore emails from Thumbtack. Why would they? We should be able to mark the job as "In Progress" as before and the client can verify, if that makes you feel better. Catering is not like a plumbing job. Clients often book caterers months in advance. Plumbers satisfy an immediate need so the hire and review rate are completely different animals. The hire rate also helps my profile and helps in the rankings/list the customers see when they are searching. This makes absolutely no sense and doesn't help me at all! I used to see an "in high demand" sticker on my profile but if I can't indicate my hires, how is that going to happen? Also, not all clients like to leave reviews. As a consumer myself, I don't often submit surveys or reviews.

This pandemic has already had a profound effect on my business. Now that customers are very slowly looking toward booking parties in the coming months, customer access to my profile is even more crucial. Please don't tell me to turn on targeting. I've never had it and never needed it because I was getting plenty of work, have been a Top Pro, and in high demand for quite some time without it. When I look at the customer search page now, I'm not even there anymore. Not because I didn't want or need work, but with the lock down, catering requests went down to almost nothing. Please fix this. Thanks.
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
I just got off the phone with Thumbtack about this same issue. This is beyond ridiculous!!!!!! I was so pissed during the call, I asked them not to take the money for the leads immediately from my bank account until the job is done and the customer gives me a review. Thumbtack is quick to charge all 10 vendors for the same job request but they want you to wait to increase your hire count by hoping for a review which only 1 out of every 10 clients provide. Why did they change the process? This was working perfectly when we used to mark a job "in progress." Why fix a system that is not broken. I've book 15 jobs in 2021 so I cant get my counts to go up until next year. This is stupid!!!
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

@Kameron I would also like to see this issue fixed. I've tried logging in both on desktop and iOS and have noticed the 'mark as hired' feature has been removed from both. As the other members have pointed out, once a customer finds me on TT, they have no reason to log back in and mark me as hired. I've had a few new clients through TT that I have not been able to add to my numbers.