Highlighted

Duplicate Profiles from Customers

Community Regular
Best Answer

I am getting duplicate contacts from duplicate customer profiles. I am also getting charged for these. Why does the customer have multiple profiles with different variations of their name? Is anyone else experiencing this?

replies
Highlighted

Re: Duplicate Profiles from Customers

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Queen1 let's take a look into this to get a better idea of what's going on. Please give our customer support team a call at 800-948-2034 Monday - Friday 7am-6pm MST. 

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Thank you very kindly for replying. I appreciate it very much:)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
I have seen this a few times myself. I have also seen requests for the same event from 2 different customers. Since I don't use targeting and am not automatically charged, it has been easier for me to catch these occurrences without financial impact. I hope TT refunds these charges for you. Good luck!
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
In some cases, they do.
I most cases I don't think they have the incentive to do it.
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Thank you so much for letting me know. I did get refunded, I had 4 sets of Duplicates, does each client need two profiles with a different variation of their information? Is there an option for the client to edit the profile instead to make it easier and less chaotic?
Thank you for responding. I really appreciate you both:)
0 Likes

Community Regular
Best Answer
Thank you for the advice. I was thinking is this a scam? Not towards Thumbtack. I am speaking more of did someone hack into my accounts and such. I usually never have any problem with Thumbtack. I will have to try turning targeting off. Thank you for that tidbit, money is super tight right now.

Thank you all and stay safe and treat yourself for being the Awesome Supreme and helping a human out:)
0 Likes