Getting no response back from lead opportunities

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I get lead opportunities pop up in leads, I sent numerous amounts of offers to them and I don't get any response from any of them, even sent a follow up message a few days later and still don't get any reply from any of them???

Am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to click the 3 dots and click "update status" after I send them an offer?

States
replies
Highlighted

Re: Getting no response back from lead opportunities

Best Answer

@LinkingAds sorry to hear that you're having a harder time getting responses from customers. After looking over your account I believe that you've been mostly using the Opportunities section to reach out to customers. You want to be the first pro a customer reaches out to. If you’re not, the "Opportunities" section of your leads tab is where you get a second chance. The customers here have already reached out to other pros, but you could still be a great fit. Note we do see fewer customers responding to manual quotes so you'll really want to work on standing out in the search results and getting contacted directly.

In order to stand out and climb up the search result rankings, there are some things you can do. You've got a great profile going so far, but I would be sure to add a few more photo examples of your work so that customers can really get a feel for how great your service is. Another would be to gather as many reviews as you can, including the 10 you can get from past customers from outside of Thumbtack by sharing your public review link. This will take time, but it's the number one thing that customers look for and it will help your ranking. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

@Kameron Ok, also I just recieved one response from someone and we got on call and discussed what they wanted, now I have a $7 dollar balance I have to pay for messaging them, but they later moved on to someone else for their work. So why do I still have to pay the $7? That doesn't make sense, you could make it where we pay the $7 if they accept to hire us. And now I can't send offers to potential buyers. So can you remove the $7 from my account?

Highlighted

Best Answer

As a marketing platform, Thumbtack charges professionals for providing an introduction to potential clients that have shown interest in your business. We are unable to guarantee hires but the idea is for you to close the sale often enough to make your spending on leads worth it.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

@Kameron Ok but can you remove the $7? Cause they found another person. I feel like the $7 should only be paid if its gauranteed.

Highlighted

Best Answer

@LinkingAds It can be hard when someone contacts you but doesn’t end up hiring you for the job. Sometimes a customer may end up going another route. However, on Thumbtack we charge for leads — that initial connection between you and the customer. And because that connection happened here, this lead is nonrefundable.

To learn more about when leads are refundable you can take a look over our Refund policy and Price Assurance Terms.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Introducing the TackMaster program.

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I was charged for a job I didn’t do for a customer

Highlighted

Re: Introducing the TackMaster program.

Best Answer

@Kinglee we've moved your post to this more relatable thread. Please take some time to read through the conversation and let us know if you have any questions. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I replied to a lead but got no response as to the address,phone number or full name of the lead! It (theLead) cost me $6.50 & I still haven't heard from you! What's the deal?
Pepper Keenan,RAA
APPRAISERS NOW, INC.
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

I agree. Since there has been a difference between opportunities and direct leads I have only gotten a reply from those who were direct leads (most I was auto-matched and therefore was charged). I have reached out to a few potential clients via opportunities and I don't even see ONE of them having read my message. It seems like the opportunities (because it's not an automatic thumbtack payment) isn't actually panning out at all. If the new format is that I can only get jobs for customers who contact me first, that will hurt my business a lot. I do not like the new opportunity set up.