Highlighted

Re: Mile radius of "Near my service area"

Community Regular
Best Answer

Yes, They are coming in to the “jobs” tab.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@NY_Landscaper jobs that you see in the Jobs tab will be up to 150 miles away from your zip code. We do this to give pros more opportunities to do jobs that they don't always want, but may be interested in once in a while. If the job isn't something you're interested in, go ahead and pass on it.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
It takes a lot of Time to pass on 200+ a day jobs not to mention all the clients whom want to know my availability that are an hour and a half away.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Fix your radious issue please

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I’ve set my radious to 15 miles and I keep getting leads from a few different states. It’s ridiculous to think I would quote a 1 day job that’s 4 hours away. Please fix this issue so I can actually use your program. I’m waisting all my time deleting junk leads instead of trying to spend money on good leads.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Fix your radious issue please

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Nhamptonhandyma are these leads that you're referring to coming in through your Jobs tab or are they customers who are reaching out to you directly?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How to get more reviews.

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I have over 5 reviews. 

I have a 5 star rating.

I do not need that many students at any given time.

Thumbtack does not seem to understand how music teachers operate.

I do not need that many students and you keep sending many that are too far away.  Maps and distance do not work for travel and hiring people.  Time and distance do.   I have fought with you Thumbtack to get the distance correct.  You continue to give me people that are two or three hours away from me at times.  I do not want clients from Minneapolis due to traffic patterns and distance.  Never has Thumbtack managed to get the map correct and only send me people that are closer to me.   I travel in a 5 county area, and I have to hand pick who I talk to carefully.  Then you started to allow them to hire me and I lost over 500.00 dollars over the time I have used your service due to people saying hi and never wanting my service, but they did not respond with I do not want you for hire.

I have no idea what the solution is, but I have been on the phone with staff over and over again.

There needs to be a better set up for teachers and more help from your staff.

I am a professional teaching for 42 years.  I taught college over an eighteen year period.   I have a 5 star rating.  I respond quick, but at times I do not need to respond due to a full studdent load and no room for more.

I have a 5 year or more rate of retention.  Get your act together I am a professional you need to start being one too.

Michael Kullik 

Highlighted

Re: It's official: You no longer pay for quotes.

Community Regular
Best Answer

I do not like this new system. I am getting far fewer responses than I was with the old system, as well as instant match. I'm getting charged for quotes from far away because the option for travel I'd not selective enough. The distance field is too far away. I am thinking of quitting Thumbtack which is unfortunate because I've been using it for so long. But, I'm getting most of my quotes from Thervo now and they operate almost identical to the old Thumbtack. 

Highlighted

Re: Miami pros - give us your feedback!

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

This is the only way I could find to communicate with Thumbtack because your web site sucks.  There is not button to click to give feecback.  I have been using Thumbtack for about two years and it gets worse and worse.  Now you charge me for leads that are outside my service area and there appears to be no way I can stop it.  I ask that leads be within 25 miles and you send me leads from 40 miles away -- ANY YOU CHARGE ME FOR THESE USELESS LEADS.  Thumbtack used to be very useful.  Now I would not recommend it to anyone.

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Lindajoy43 sorry that you've had a hard time finding how to get a hold of us. If you go through the prompts on the following page in our Help Center you can choose to contact us through our various support channels: https://help.thumbtack.com/contact-thumbtack

In regards to feedback, you can post it here in the Community and we'll be able to capture that feedback as long as it's specific enough we'll be able to document it and forward that on to our product teams. 

If you have specific leads that you're wondering about in reference to if you were charged and why, feel free to reach out to me in a direct message including the customer's names. To send a direct message just click on my picture, click view profile, and click direct message. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I decline multiple jobs every single day because they're way outside of my service area as a handyman, and it's too time-consuming to browse leads from all over the state.  The only solution currently offered is the "promote" system, which is totally unworkable for me.  The previous system worked well for me.  I could set my work distance and radius, and view the details of leads from within that distance before deciding whether or not to respond to it.  I was as busy as I wanted to be.  I still am, but it's because I had to find additional sources of leads.  For me, Thumbtack's usefulness took a nose dive.