Highlighted

How can a customer change their review?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I don't understand how a customer that used us for years, can all the sudden change their reviews. We have a commercial cleaning service and did a great job and the customer stop using us 4 months ago after 2-3 years of great service. Sometimes price and sometimes quality are why people change contractors. We had a great relationship and all was well. Then randomly after 4 months of no contact they change the 5 star review to a 3 and haave the same great review. I am bothered that I am struggling like any business to keep a great reputation and the very service that generates leads for us and many others allows this. Why were they all the sudden prompted to do this.

States
replies
Highlighted

Re: How can a customer change their review?

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Jani-ServInc I'm sorry to hear about this tough experience with a long-time customer. Customers are able to update each review once to share any new details about their experience. Pros can also respond to the updated review. Once a customer has left their first review they won't receive any prompts from Thumbtack to update it, so they must have chosen to do so on their own.

When it comes to negative reviews we recommend taking time to respond politely and patiently. That way, other customers (who’ll be able to read your response) can see that you’re willing to receive, listen to and act on customer feedback. You could possibly include something in your response about how you're eager to hear more about what changed in their experience and that you'll attempt to reach out to them soon directly. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Kameron Are you saying it is TT's policy to allow a customer to change their review at will with no explanation why?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@ChefOfAllSeason correct, Customers are able to update each review once to share any new details about their experience. Pros can also respond to the updated review.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Is there, or is there not: A one year time limit for a Customer to edit or alter a review?

I am asking because the discussion is not clear. I had a TT customer who was happy, mistakenly give me a bad review, a couple of years after the job was done. It did get cleared up. In my phone discussion with support: I was told one year for the customer to place or edit a review.
Could you please clarify on the time limits for one of our TT customers to place and edit reviews?

thanks,  Reese Turbin

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Happy to clarify @ReeseTee. Customers are able to do a one time update of their review. Customers have a year from when the job was completed to update that review. Let us know if you have any other questions! 

Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I recently tried to update a review that I left for a pro, however, the system would not allow me to, and instead left an error message that said I was logged into the wrong account. When I finally got through to customer service, I was told that the pro had to comment on the review before I could update it. Is this true?
0 Likes