Highlighted

How to temporarily opt out of Tax projects

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hello!  🙂

I want to temporarily not be considered for tax prep projects until a later date.  I do want to continue to receive notifications of non-tax related accounting/bookkeeping work.

I unchecked the tax related services on my profile, but I continue to receive notifications of tax prep projects.  I do not want to "pass" or ignore those projects lest it negatively impact my ranking(?).  What else might I need to do?

Also, I do not know why I am receiving notifications of family law projects (divorce, child custody, etc.).  How to stop those and will my ranking be impacted if I continue to "pass"?

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: How to temporarily opt out of Tax projects

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hi there @Virtual-CPA! It looks like the only services listed in your account is Accounting and Payroll services. If you just barely removed those other services, it can take up to 24 hours for those notifications to completely stop. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer
@Virtual-CPA. Are you an attorney who used to have family law selected as work you will take ? If not, also curious why you would see those.
0 Likes

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
No. I had tax law selected, but it is now removed.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer
That is strange that attorney positions are being presented to non attorneys. That needs to be checked into as that can cause unnecessary ethics issues for the lead and pro
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Thank you for the feedback. I just noticed "Tax preparation" is one of 4 services listed as part of the Accounting service. That seems irregular because tax preparation is 2 (business and individual) separate services - which I removed.

Relatedly, when I "deactivated" the tax services (a separate action AFTER removing those services from my profile), I received a warning those "deactivated" services would be "permanently removed". Confusing. I would like to re-activate tax services in the near future. Possible?
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Virtual-CPA you can definitely add tax services to your account in the future! When you're ready to do so just go to your services and select, add service. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Thank you for the feedback. Why is tax preparation part of the accounting service when tax preparation has its own separate services?
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Virtual-CPA I don't think I'm fully understanding what you're referring to. Can you expand more?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Please see attached screenshots of the "Accounting" service.  I do not think tax preparation is supposed to be there given that tax preparation are distinct services.  🙂

TT-Service details for Accounting.JPG

TT-Price of leads.JPG

0 Likes