Highlighted

I found a type of Service found in 'customer' search results, but not listed under pro services..

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I noticed a new service on TT listed as "fitness equipment movers".  This was caught my eye because I know that I have not ever seen this service under the list when setting up the business profile.  As this is one of the main services that my company offers, I quickly logged in to my Pro account to set up this supposed new service...

Low and behold, this "Fitness Equipment Movers" service, that I just saw with my own eyes, is not listed as a service to add under the services setup page.  I tried other alternative variations for this service and still returned no results... Hmmm

... So I logged out and did a Google search for this service, followed by 'thumbtack' attached, and there it was again.  So i proceeded to go through a few prompts to see which pros were actually getting these leads sent to them for this service and come to find out that furniture moving companies are getting all these leads...

Mind you, some of the moving companies out there know how to turn a wrench and handle fitness equipment, but I can assure you that the majority of them don't.  We get dozens of calls every single month from customers that literally Just had their fitness machine moved by a moving company, that ended up breaking it in some way or another.  Not trying to bash on all the moving companies out there, but these are my experiences.  This new service should defnitely be re-categorized to prevent further mishaps - just saying.

States
0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: I found a type of Service found in 'customer' search results, but not listed under pro servic...

Best Answer

@fixfitness we appreciate you taking the time to look into this and share with us. This isn't so much a new service that's being offered as it is that there are sometimes keywords in search that may help customers find the right pro. Your feedback on this however, is really helpful in letting us know that we may want to add Fitness Equipment Moving as a specific category under either of the two services that you already offer. In addition to adjusting the keyword search for fitness equipment movers to direct customers to pros in your industry as well as movers. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: I found a type of Service found in 'customer' search results, but not listed under pro servic...

Active Community Member
Best Answer

You wouldn't suggest taking your car to the car wash after it's been in a wreck, would you?  or Call on a plumber to repaint your house?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Best Answer

@fixfitness no I certainly wouldn’t, although I don’t necessarily believe your analogy directly applies. I agree with your previous sentiment that a pro in fitness equipment assembly/repair should be considered for jobs that require fitness equipment being moved and I’ve passed on that feedback.

I also recognize that you’ve run into occasions where moving pros may have not properly moved a piece of equipment. However, if I’m a moving pro I would certainly want to learn the proper ways to do so (and also make sure my staff is trained) in order to deliver the best possible experience to my customers and get 5-star reviews for the future.

@busymovers  @Lunamovers @AspenPromovers @Moseleys-Movers @Movers96 @elitemovers do any of you have thoughts or comments to share around this?

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
I figured that there’s some that might see it as you do. That’s completeky understandable.

A lot of people view it as, “well it’s just fitness equipment. How hard could it possibly be to move?!”

But the reality is that there are very few pieces of fitness equipment out there that actually Do Not require disassembling or breaking down in some way or another to be able to get them through a door way. Not to mention that more and more of the newer machines that come out have electronics attached to them, along with hidden wires, sensors, etc... and another important factor is the weight of some of these machines can often be too much for even three or four strong guys to handle. Being able to know the easiest and most efficient way to properly disassemble/reassemble some of these machines is the difference in whether something gets broken, or doesn’t work properly, or worst case, ends up injuring someone.

Aside from a car, A fitness machine can probably be one of the heaviest items there are to move, along with a grand piano and a gun safe. With all due respect, I think my analogy was pretty close to spot on.
0 Likes