Highlighted
Best Answer

Insights View Type

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Under your insights, does anybody know the difference between "listing view" & "profile view"?

What does "listing view" even mean? That somebody scrolled through the list of providers and saw your listing but didn't read your profile? (If so, I don't really see the point of showing that. It has nothing to do with your own marketing. It just shows how many people are using the Thumbtack website in your service area.)

States

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Insights View Type

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Great question @mnemosyne, I'm happy to clarify. Listing view is when customers scroll over and see your profile in Search Results. A profile view is when they click on your profile and view it. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Great question @mnemosyne, I'm happy to clarify. Listing view is when customers scroll over and see your profile in Search Results. A profile view is when they click on your profile and view it. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

So "listing view" simply means the number of customers who viewed your profile, based on your promote settings? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@mnemosyne correct, listing view is when a customer has seen your profile in the list along with the other pros in their search. The profile view is one step further once they've clicked on you from the list to take full look at your profile.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

So in the "Thumbtack Insights" email we get every week, NUMBER OF VIEWS means listing views. It doesn't even actually mean the number of people who viewed your profile?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@mnemosyne I would check the number shown in the email vs your Insights page in your account to compare and see which numbers are closest.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I already did that. Was just confirming with you, because it makes no sense.

So yes, the number in the Insights email is not even profile views. It's just listing views.

Basically you just want us to know how many views Thumbtack is getting based on whether promote is on or off. Not that useful!

I would appreciate getting Thumbtack emails about PROFILE VIEWS. The listing views could be an obscure little footnote somewhere, not the profile views.

Ugh. This website used to be great, it just makes less & less sense as time goes on.

Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer
@mnemosyne
I also feel that seeing the number of profile views is more important, than the number of views "customers" pass when scrolling in their searches.
Instead of seeing the number of views, I want to see quality leads come in.
DJ Stevie 7-8-2019
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Also @Kameron why did you say for me to compare the numbers myself? That was a strange response. Did you not know the answer to my question? I would hope that as a moderator you did!