Highlighted

Is there a way to tell if a potential customer you are communicating with has read the last message

Active Community Member
Best Answer

In other words, it would be really helpful to know early on that a customer has changed their mind about further communication, instead of thinking for the next day or two that they might be busy.

States
replies
Highlighted

Re: Is there a way to tell if a potential customer you are communicating with has read the last mess

Community Expert
Best Answer

@mnemosyne 

That tool was taken away from us back in February. Check this out.

https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Product-news-updates/February-s-product-improvements/m-p/20451

We complained then and still complaining. I found it to be very useful, but how can I communicate with someone when I don't know if that "customer" has read my message/quote?

DJ Stevie 7-10-2019

Highlighted

Re: Is there a way to tell if a potential customer you are communicating with has read the last mess

Active Community Member
Best Answer

That's insane. Why would they take that away? It was so extremely useful.

And also, it used to be that you could see what other pros they were communicating with & how often. Also extremely useful.

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Thanks, will read that.

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@mnemosyne great question. Currently, pros are not shown a read receipt for if a customer has read their message in the messenger, nor has that ever been an option. I'll be happy to share your feedback on in this and that you'd find it to be a helpful feature to have. 

To add context to what @DJStevie mentioned, it was specifically an option for pros to see if a customer had viewed their quote sent through the Jobs tab. 

Seeing whether a customer viewed your quote isn't very valuable now that you only pay when a customer contacts you. It's less about those views now, and more about focusing on responses in your inbox that's what you pay for, and those customers have the most potential.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Kameron 

As mentioned months ago, and since, that was a very valuable tool and still can be. Whether we use Promote or not, we need to know if "customer" viewed our quote and/or message. What is difficult for Support or higher ups to understand?

How is that tool not very valuable? If using Promote, "customer" reaches out to us, we reply, then get ghosted. We don't know if our message was viewed, even through the Jobs Tab. So then how do those "customers" have the most potential for us?

If we had "customer" number and/or email after we pay for the so called lead, whether through Promote or Jobs Tab, then we can follow up. But that's been another discussion where we can't have Support understand what's important to us(viewed quotes/messages, obtaining "customer" contact information, etc)

DJ Stevie 7-11-2019

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@DJStevie I agree! 

Except that I prefer not to follow up if I have been ghosted. ANOTHER reason that it is important to see whether the last message we sent someone has been read.