Best Answer

YES, Scott with a Z, PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION ASAP

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Community Regular
Best Answer

When I'm at a wedding gig and I'm eating with other DJs, photographers, videographers, and wedding coordinators I'm always asking the same question: how did they find you? How did you get hired? Was it TT? Wedding Wire? Instagram or Facebook? And I've talked with so many vendors over the past year and basically, the consensus is: TT use to be good and now it isn't. TT's newest changes have made it too expensive to make the app a viable booking solution. I use to spend $200+ of my monthly advertising budget on TT and IT WORKED! but the recent auto quote/ranking changes have caused me to see fewer quotes and fewer hires and it has ultimately lead me to spend less than $60 a month on advertising with TT. Which is a lose/lose for thumbtack and myself. And judging from the comments on this thread, my experience seems to be the norm.  

I recently tried to use TT to find a DJ to fulfill a DJ job that I couldn't do and I was shocked to find out what a TT customer experience is... I was shown a list of DJ's in no particular order, (literally) some had one review and others had hundreds. I coudn't figure out how Thumbtack was rationalizing these rankings. So I tried to look for a DJ on a date that I knew I was available, you know, to try and see where my DJ company would pop up on the search result - as a test - BUT my company didn't pop up at all - instead DJ's with only one hire and zero reviews were filling my results. I'm a top pro! Over 50 hires. Over 35 Reviews. AND I didn't even pop up!

How does your algorithm work? Why would you showcase inexperienced DJs over your top pros? Why are you charging us more money for a worse product? Please explain your new ludicrous ranking systems and how it could possibly help us, the vendor, or the customers? 

Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I've been with Thumbtack for quite a few years and find the new system difficult to deal with.  My requests for help and comments don't get answered.  Don't think I am ranked correctedly.  This past year it has been difficult to get people to sign up in my classes compared to 2017.  Doesn't even look like I was given enough credits for people who gave me positive reviews.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

What does Level 1 mean in this discussion?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I teach Reiki classes and have been on Thumbtack for that for years and have very good reviews.  Just recently, I started with giving energy healing sessions via Thumbtack and have gotten 0 hires for that except for the on Reiki class client who was trying to give me a review and accidnently indicated that I was hired for the healing session.  And I was charged for it.  How can I get that reversed?  And the charge was high.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Veteran
Best Answer

Eve

As a fellow TT Pro . . .  so sorry to read your responses.  You seem like a very nice, honest and hard working woman.  Call TT and request a refund for mishandled jobs.  They are pretty good about that.  And I agree with everything else you said . . .    I have been so successful with TT for 4 years - lots of hires, great reviews . . . .   and the drastic changes my business dropped off 100%.  Confusing "ranking" system.  Why they changed a system that was working for us Pros for so many years . . . .  you have to wonder.   As a customer, if I wanted a service . . .  getting 5 responses to my specific need, budget and date would be awesome and a big time saver.  Having an overwhelming amount of responses is not what I would want.  Read some of the other comments . . . .  interesting.  Good luck and hang in there.  Do what is right for you and  . . . .   as the song goes . . .   "you have to know when to hold em, know when to walk away"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

How to get answers from Customer Service

Active Community Member
Best Answer

How do we contact customer service and get answers to our issues?  I have written comments on the page were we look at our quotes and gotten no response.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

How can I improve my ranking with the Reiki classes?  How can I improve my ranking with the healing sessions ?  Do I have to charge less for the healing sessions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@EvaG Scott gave a lot of great info on what effects your ranking and what you can do to improve your rank. Check that out here. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding your account, I'm always more than happy to help! Just send me a private message and we can get started. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Wow Scottz looks like you have your work cut out for you. I feel really sorry for you. 35 pages of negative responses. Can't be what you expected. Hopefully you'll take this up the ladder as proof to Marco and the rest of the Executive Officers that Thumbtack was great once. ( 2015, 2016 and excedidly gone down hill since ) Now you asked fro it & you received 35 pages of negative comments from Top Pros that loved what Thumbtack once was. Thumbtack was never broken, and almost every adjustment they've collectively thought was an improvement since it's inception, has just made it worse. How else do you explain all these comments? Ranking! Ha, now that is a joke controlled by greedy people who create an automated algorithm to do their work for them and DOES NOT WORK.

Good Luck!