Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I agree entirely.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I fully agree - not all client inquiries fit the individuals offering.  THANKS for posting!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Just because a customer contact a pro.How many pros are charged the same price and only 1 get the job.Some customers are just searching for Prices and not even having an event.Pros still get charged without making money.That's bad business.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Well, honestly, I am not for your new approach............if a perspective client reaches out to me, and, I am not available, I still have to pay you..........not a chance!!

You guys have over-thought your orriginal business plan, which, worked great for me..........it's a shame!

Susan Griffin

POPPY'S MOM

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

Yeah, I got told by John via chat this morning, that I was charged after a customer sent me generic reply because I was a perfect match for them. I wasn't given a chance to review, etc. As it turned out, I have the date blocked and customer still reached out to me. That has to change!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@DJStevie, if you got matched and charged for a lead that you have the day blocked off, we want to make sure we get you taken care of. When you respond to my recent DM to you, can you send me this customers name? I'm happy to look into this and see what's going on.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@SusiG This is where keeping up on your Pro Calendar will be very important. Once the customer is viewing your profile page they'll have the options to "Contact this pro", "Check availability", or "Request a call".

In regards to the "Check availability" option, if the customer is requesting something outside of your availability, it will notify you and allow you to choose to reply or not and show the cost to reply. If it matches your availability you'll be charged and contacted right then. (This is with Promote on).

If you're not using Promote you'll always be shown the cost and be able to choose to accept the contact. If it's outside of your availability you can simply choose to decline and we'll kindly let the customer know that you're unavailable.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

"This is where keeping up on your Pro Calendar will be very important. "  Are you saying that not only do I have to keep my teaching calendar, which is part of my invoicing, student portal, etc., website updated, I would also have to do some of the same things in Thumbtack?  That's ridiculous! 

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I think that it is a good start not to have the vendor to pay until the client contacts them, however, I would like to know if the fee is immediately due at the time of contact, or, when the client hires the vendor?  Also, will the fees go up depending on the vendors cost to the client?  All in all, I believe that this is a better way for all vendors to proceed in their attempts to attract more clients to their businesses.  The way that the world is today, every person needs a little wriggle room in making choices and decisions before they get involved. Thank you for starting this process. 

0 Likes