Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hi,

I have a golf instruction site. I have a concern that solicitors will use the information to contact us to market their whatever, like spam in emails.

How do you address this? Noone wants to be charged for unwanted solicitations.

Phil

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

I don't like the changes made to Thumbtack including the following:

Pricing (never know what it will cost me.

I don't want to look through all those requests for clowns, facepainting, etc.  I only want santa requests.

I don't understand what you are now doing but I think it won't be good for me as recent changes have not been favorable.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Best Answer

@northpolesanta your account currently has Promote off which means you'll be able to see the cost to accept a contact up front. Or if you decide to quote on a lead from your Jobs page you can click the "learn more" link to see what it will cost for the customer's response. 

On your Services page under your Advanced Settings, I found that "Suggest jobs related to my services" was on. I've turned this off for you and it should help to eliminate those other types of jobs for services you don't offer.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

I find it hard to believe that, after the thousands of responses you've had over the past few weeks from pros who have taken the time to give you their opinions on how to make Thumbtack better for all involved, you seem to have totally ignored the feedback and gone in an even more self-detructive direction! This latest idea is the worst yet and takes even more control away from the vendors.

We've been with Thumbtack for many years now and it was great for a long time. Changes were made, some were good, some not so good, but nothing was ever so extreme as to invoke such a consistent outpouring of discontent. You have to listen to the feedback you're getting from the people who, like me, want to stay and see this platform be the best it can be.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Chris and Thumbtack team -
I replied to the last thread and never received any direct feedback from support or a Thumbtack team member. So I am going to try again and see what happens.

First, I love Thumbtack as a concept. However, like anything there is always room for improvement. Speaking to your points these are my concerns.

First, search results seems to be making things easier for front end customers looking for the pros services. This is great if it accurately matches search results to the right pros. More exposure should equal more business for me.

Second, auotmation seems to be the direction Thumbtack is headed. Initially pros needed to write and send their own quotes, messages, snd responses. This gave a competitive edge to pros that were interested in staying engaged with customers and actually interacting. Now everything is a template and automated. Seems like you might be loosing value by gaining speed.

Third, there are two aspects of these changes that are troubling.

Change isn't progress. Thumbtack seems to contantly be changing in the pursuit of progress. In my opinion simplicity and refinement are progress not complexity which seems to be the direction you are taking.

Thumbtack seems to be focused mainly on the people searching for our services and not on the success of pros. The pros spend the time creating the content you sell. We build the profiles, upload our photos and videos, contantly respond to requests and pay for the leads. We are driving your entire business and without us there would be no business. We are your customers and way more should be done to reward and acknowledge this aspect of your business.

A the best - fellow Thumbtack users
Justin Provoncha
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

How will this work with quotes going out to customers matching to my calendar. I don't want to pay for something that comes in and I am already booked for that day. When you send me one that says I already paid for it and then accept or decline, if it is something I would like to decline why am I given the option if you are already taking the money for it? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Best Answer

@SRL great question! Feel free to take a look at my response to another pro about this HERE

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I guess I’m confused why the 180° change with TT formatting. My #1 concern was TT was becoming astronomically expensive over the last 6 months, and I wanted control who I paid to quote to. TT had the radius for massage services the lowest at 25 miles, which in a large metro city could take up to 2 hrs to get there which nobody would agree to come to us (and I was getting charged for) which is ridiculous.
The new format doesn’t really get our name out there- especially for those with obscure industry such as that magician who responded below. And those without fixed cost would have issues also if cannot add comments like why the service is quoted $0. Thankfully I don’t have those issues in my industry. Just the dang radius button.

Honestly I’m fine quoting someone that I think fits our company and not getting the bid, because some have come to us at a later date even when they said “pass” to our TT bid.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Thumbtack is now deleting and censoring responses that it doesn't like, and which they think "make it look bad."  FYI.

0 Likes
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hi, @incognitii. We want pros to post, that's why we created this forum and are asking for feedback. However, posts do need to remain constructive and focused on solutions. If a comment violates our Community Guidelines in any way, it will be removed or edited. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, feel free to send me a private message. I'm always happy to clarify! 

0 Likes