Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Redefined categories

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Thank you. I once went into my account to deselect many of the characters, but I got to a point that if I kept deselecting , I would probably never get any offers for Santa Claus.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Regular
Best Answer
So what if we are charged for a client that contacts us about a service we are unable to provide? For example, i barten small parties , up to 150ppl. What happens when i get a request for a larger party I don’t want to staff? How much will we be charged? Your current pricing policy charges 20$ for a small party under25 where I would charge around 100, thus taking 20% off the top( which is why I have not submitted for any requests) but also charge 20$ for partie of upto 200 & last much longer. .
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

This as well as instant match do not address what for me as well as many pros is the fundamental issue with thumbtack: the cost of a lead is entirely placed on 1 side of the transaction, the pros. As a web developer, I pay upwards of $60 for someone most likely just accummalting estimates to present to her colleagues. So, they have no limit to the amount of pros they can contact in order to gather as many bids as possible, whereas, we get charged by helping them do their due diligence. I turned instant match off because I got charged $30 for somone who had a random question about squarespace that I answered for her, and then never heard back. I have contested several charges in the past to no avail, and frankly it's a time suck that I no longer have energy to put into. The best thing thumbtack has done for me is help me realize the upside of fulltime employment. The charge to a pro should only come after a contract has been agreed to, and should be proportionate to that price.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Absolutely. The current pricing scene where we are charged if the client contact us, perhaps just to ask a quick question isn’t working for me. I am not even answering requests right now.
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I am a photographer. I don't understand one thing about Thumbtack fees. 
I have always noticed Thumbtack fees are linked to no. of hours of the event instead of the client budget. 

For e.g.

If client wants a photographer for 5 hours and his budget is under $250, Thumbtack fees is around $40 if I accept the job. 

If client wants a photographer for 3 hours and his budget is around $500, Thumbtack fees would be around $24

This way, I would never accept longer duration jobs where I have potential to earn higher and then give Thumbtack its fees. 

Need some clarity on the Fee structure and logic

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Can I “pause” my account or temporarily opt out of being included in the listings? I’m not always looking for new clients and I’m concerned about getting contacted for jobs when I’m not accepting new clients and then having to pay for them.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I think this is a fantastic update! I'm always missing requests since they expire so fast. Can't wait to see the changes 🙂 also I love that we won't be charged to show up - only when contacted!
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Get back to us and let us know how you feel about paying $20-$80 each for lookie-loos, tire-kickers, inquiries that bear no relation to the services you offer, leads from outside your service area, etc.  I'm eager to hear your feedback then.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Part of thumbtacks business model is to gain a substantial profit from potential clients and also gain a percentage of actual contracts that go through and this is why you are taking the percentage from BOTH a final paid contract and a request. You take from both a potential conversation and a final contract this creates a sense of uncertainty in Freelancers always having to wonder if we're going to be charged even if we don't get the contract which is going to affect the response time.
Everyone is in a different place financially, I personally will be deleting,my account if I'm charged for every time someone contacts me. There are too,many variables to give a set price in brand strategy. if your company is that confident in your ability to generate leads then why don't you take your percentage off the back end when the contract is sealed rather than these potential conversations again it's because your business model wants to take profit from potential conversations as well as actual sealed contracts.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Tigerwebster I just wanted to clarify that we've never charged or taken a percentage from a closed contract or any earnings that pros make through a job, and that it's not within our future plans at the moment. The only time we currently charge is for a customer contact and it's been this way for the last while. Under the new Search Results experience you'll pay at different times for those contacts based on Promote.

If Promote is off, you'll see the cost to accept the contact up front.

If Promote is on, the cost of a contact won't be known until it happens, but you can always check your Payments page to see the cost of a contact once it comes in. The contact will be immediate at a 20% discount for being more available to the customer. The weekly budget for each service will be even more important to control your weekly spending.

You can learn more about Promote and when you'll pay HERE.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes