Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Sorry. But I'm getting several notices that I'm being specifically mentioned by an employee in Thumbtack posts. I have yet to see my name or a response to the message I sent recently. Your business seems highly disorganized lately.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Paul2, @Meckell, @cjk, @Kameron, @Hankster

I agree with you, as my name is being tagged but NO reply to ANY/ALL of my replies, comments, etc. Why is that?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Even though the new plan seems like it will help "reduce" how much we are getting charged, however, I am not too keen on this new system. I tried it out myself and I can say that I do not like the layout the result are being presented, not sure if it is my own field or something else. The search result seems to list people with the cheapest price on the top of the page, and not maybe the ones with the most credible profile. I feel like this is what thumbtack promotes anyways so it is not a shock to me. Thumbtack seems to promote cheaper pros to clients, so they come up first on the search result. This is not fair to other pros who are professional and have a justified reason behind their price. 

Also since the new system, i have not recieved any customer contact, or profile views, again this might be due to the fact that there are other pros who are low balling this service. There is too many changes going on with thumbtack, it is hard to keep up, thumbtack was unique, had its own style and brought me great business, now it is starting to look like every other gig website out there.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
This has completely slammed my services. Not one view or reply since this began. I was getting views to every quote I bid on prior to this and being hired frequently. Thumbtack you are - again - missing the mark and slamming us with unnecessary and difficult fees that are killing business for many Professionals. We are not a one size fits all type of quote. Please do not do this to your Professionals that have worked hard here for years. Not one single job since you started this!
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

I agree, and the only replies that I had the past 2 weeks, were a couple of generic replies and I got charged for them. TT didn't give me the chance to review customer profile, accept, decline, etc

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@mina glad to hear that you've been able to give Search Results a try and see how it works for you. The ways that pros can show up higher on the list are based on Profile quality, using Promote, Pricing match with the customer budget, Responsiveness, and Reviews. You can learn more about what determines rank and how to move up in customer searches here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/search-results.Thanks for rolling with the number of changes that have been made. Just know they've all been changes that were thought out and researched with customers and pros in mind. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Hello Kameron, 

Thank you for your reply. I am promoting my page, i am a top pro, and I reply clients quickly, and I have alot of reviews. Also there is no:customer "budget" option in cutomer request for make up artist, so I am still confused as to how that is determined. I see people with more reviews, more hires listed below the page because their price is higher, so it is price that is determining the listing algoritm. and how are we supposed to get higher ranking if we are not getting any customer contact or hires if our profile are not being viewed becuse it is on the bottom of the page. 

The best system that has worked great on thmbtack for me so far if paying for credits, refunding when noone replies, and seding 5 pros to client, you can always rotate the pros profile sent to clients, so that everyone gets a chance to be seeing, and not send clients 15 profile.

Thank you

Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@Kameron wrote:

@mina glad to hear that you've been able to give Search Results a try and see how it works for you. The ways that pros can show up higher on the list are based on Profile quality, using Promote, Pricing match with the customer budget, Responsiveness, and Reviews. You can learn more about what determines rank and how to move up in customer searches here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/search-results.Thanks for rolling with the number of changes that have been made. Just know they've all been changes that were thought out and researched with customers and pros in mind. 

I see that you list "using Promote" as number two on your list.  That basically forces us to either agree to receive blind contacts that we will have to pay for, or the "option" of not using Promote, which will send our profiles to the bottom.  I know, because I have excellent profile quality, excellent responsiveness, and excellent reviews, and plenty of them.  Yet I am lost, appearing after five, six, seven pages for my specific geographic area and for my specific areas of expertise.  I was told by a Thumbtack representative at your event that if I wanted to improve my listing, I should use Promote.  This feels like extortion.  No, I will not give you blanket permission to charge me everytime someone emails me to ask if I do wedding photography (I don't do weddings!) for three days from now (what??) for $250, including album (are you crazy??).  These details are what I often see listed in Jobs listings.  To allow you to charge me without my having the slightest control, anytime someone chooses to reach out to me?  No, thanks!
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Thumtack worked great before. But all the changes this year it is now no longer working. Beed to go back to the original way if the last few years.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

Thanks for posting your concerns about ranking, @mina! Understanding how ranking works is an important step to getting the most out of Thumbtack. There are several factors that go into ranking, but the key thing to remember is that you will rank higher if you provide customers with a great experience. So focus your effort on building a great profile, adding your price estimates, responding quickly to your customers, and getting great reviews. And try promoting some or all of your services.

As long as you’re focused on providing an all-around great experience for your customers, you’ll likely find you’re already doing these things. Check out Thumbtack Help to learn more about ranking in search results. Make sure to let us know if you have more questions!

And thanks also to these pros who also posted feedback on ranking in search results! We'll be talking more about ranking soon so stay tuned!

@ALLSteve @bonnie_bill @mina @rgs @Candon @lollipopainting @Joeriotta @Spweld @ImmortalWriting @justplainolstev @parijatajain @elwell @Beth @SKI @adouglass

View solution in original post

0 Likes