Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I have to honestly say I liked the old way (2 yes ago) of quoting. Now it seems like quoting prices have gone through the (unrepaired) roof!! Haha. I personally quite probably at least 80% less than I used to, but pay about the same or more than I used too. Now I am a little concerned with what I read about the new system rolling out. I hope I'm not charged everytime when a potential customer contacts me. That is what I just read. At the very least I should have the option to decline - which I'm sure will be the case - just not what I read. I am passing by a lot of jobs because of the pricing and how we now get billed. I loved remodeling bathrooms. It was one of my specialties, but at $75 to quote and be billed if a possible customer asks me some questions and not go with me, I can't afford. I'm a little guy and losing our on $75 is a lot. Hopefully Thumbtack gets it straightened out. I've been with Thumbtack a while now and it's sad and upsetting how littleci use it now.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hi Chris...

If I understand correclty, TT is now putting more onice on the potential client ( the requestor ) to engage with us, first ? So, intead of us needing to react to leads instantly, the client chooses first ? How many Pros will they see ? How are we supposed to differentiate ourselves from our competition as the client see us ? Will it cost more ? I am a Pro Commercial Photographer. I cannot put a quote on jobs until I know ALL the details. How will not having upfront quotes ( as to comparing values vs other Pros ) effect how a clietn sees and decides who to contact ?

Thanks !

Tim

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Hello, thank you for inviting me. Well. Can you be more explicit when it come to be charge only when customers contact you? What way of contact? There is a few ways we been getting contact and charge for it left and rite. I dont mind paying a fix fees. Because i see lots charges even for customers asking for reference when they dont want pros services. I dont think is fair. You need to explain and define how you gona charge when you say (only contact). Customers send text,number, ask for quote, ask hourly rate, who to ask for when calling etc..... i think would be good if you set up a fix charge and make sure you verify we are getting the job or hire so that way you we all would be happy. Verify customers that could be scam or inappropriate information. Whoever is resetting the entire process in thumbtack gotta make sure all his cells and channel are in the same page so there wont be mistake. Im looing forward to win that prize and see better changes to attract more customers and more pros for thumbtack. Good luck. God bless us all.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I'm not happy about this change at all. I would like the opportunity to review the potential client's needs, and decide for myself whether or not they are a good match. Even if that customer reaches out to me, I should have a simple option of declining the lead without being charged. If I choose to start communicating with them, then you can charge me.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Getting practical clients

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Most of the job notifications that I get for tutoring are too far away.  When I click the readjust the coverage area that I will work with customers, didn't work.  I like the change to the way we will get customers referred and I hope that that will elimate getting potential customers that don't fit what I am looking for.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Getting practical clients

Community Expert
Best Answer

@lynb if your travel preferences have "customers travel to me" as a listed option then customers will set their radius when searching and be able to contact you. Your travel radius will only be in effect for jobs where you travel to the customer. However, I have heard from some pros that their travel radius is something they'd like to be in effect for both and will forward that feedback on for you as well.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

My concern is I'm a one man operation I don't want more than I can handle and I only want jobs in my area.I'm a plumber and prefer the customer buy there parts but will if needed. I don't, do septic tank installations or have a pump truck to service them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Randall first I'd be sure that your travel preferences are set to you traveling to your customers only.
Next would be to visit your Services page and check at the bottom of the page under Advanced Settings, be sure that "suggest jobs near my travel area" and "suggest jobs related to my services" are turned off. 
Last would be to verify under your preferences that you don't have septic tank installations or pump truck to service selected if they are an option. If you need help with these feel free to reach out to me in a direct message.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
The contractor should have to pay ,only after they get the job..i have lost too much money already just for more information..one can't afford to lose money long before they try something else..and I'm not in business to lose money
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I can't decide if I like this idea of not. My only concern is that customers are coming on and messaging all the pros at once or clicking "I'm interested" on everyone just to see the lowest price. I do like the idea of the customers seeing my profile liking it and choosing to reach out to me. But I'm not sure if the customer is just quickly clicking "I'm interested" for all the pros in my area. 

0 Likes