Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Great idea.  Would love to see the possibility of having a video and/or map of our business included within what a potential customer could see within the search.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I dont like the idea of being charged when people are out there just wanting to get a price ONLY for my services.  I liked it the old way where you send a quote and reply for free and never being charged. i live on a fixed income and cant afford your rated.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I keep reading responses and they seem to be all over the map. I received 3 clients yesterday who “found me” on TT and I booked 3 Jobs. No fake leads or “just checking” clients. I’m a window cleaner by trade, but this is working for me fantastically. Thanks thumbtack!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Am I clear that with Promote off I can still only send quotes to customers I chose to? this is very confusing to me   Also I sent a quote (using promote off) and under the competion tab, you can change to customer view, I am not on the list at all....is that because I have promote off?? so another words the potential customer doesn't even see my information??  Now I logged back in, and the "customer view" is now been removed?? !! I think I was correct in that I was not showing in the list at all, even though I sent my quote with promote off.....how sad 😞

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I get an email every so often from TT:
"So and so is interested in your services."
When I click on the email, the end point says, "Are you available on my date?"
When I click to respond it says I need to pay $33 or $42. Just to respond! It's not even telling me this is going to end up securing a contract.
Rip off! Heck, I can remember when TT started and it was like $40 a month for unlimited quotes.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
The changes are somewhat helpful but in my opinion I am not getting as many leads for my business. The fees are reduced but I feel that there should be some modifications in the ways that the Pros are charged for the leads. Most of my leads ask unrelated questions only for which I get charged. I think that Pros should be charged only if they get the leads. There should be a better for Thumbtack to be paid by the Pros. From my experience I spend more than I make because the leads don't read the profiles right from the start and ask the Pros useless questions that are already answered in the profile and lead to nowhere. We may try to close the deals but some people call or email me and I get charged regardless of whether I am hired. Anyway thanks for the opportunity to express my opinion on the matter.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Let's talk about it then... I have a BIGTIME problem when I get to look at my competitors and I notice 2 of them have a IN DEMAND Banner on their profile. Considering I have reviews coming in more frequently then they do.
I contacted TT and was told I this was because the system is picking up on messages into their inbox; which the update recognizes grants them the banner periodically if they are getting messages.
Well that's NOT TRUE.
I've been tracking the system since I became aware and nothing has changed. The banners are still on my competitors profile.
Considering I've been in business less time and have more frequent feedback than my competitors; I should be a shoe in for an In Demand Banner.
I asked TT what are the qualifications for an In Demand Banner and it seems no one really knows. I asked to speak with a manager to explain what was going on. Still waiting waiting for a viable answer other than it's a "complex algorithm."
I've been reading earlier posts about Promoting and Instant Match which didnt work for my business. I figured out Instant Match quickly as I was charged outrageously in a few hours on jobs that were not possible to take due to not having enough information on the clients request. $200 in, and not one job I turned it off. I now see the same issue with Promoting, but seems I dodged a bullet this time.
Thumbtack has blessed me to be able to operate a successful business, but something has to be done. The price per contact is really too high and unrealistic at times. TT is billing me way to often as the system is now billing at $50. TT has to realize you are now back to TT billing me for almost every contact. I'm a Mover, I Do Not sell 50 cent glasses of Lemonade for a living. This should be a partnership where we both make money. It now seems TT caters to Bottomfeeder Companies because us Top Pros are not being heard.
Something has to be done.
Does anyone know any other lead sites that have been successful for them similar to TT?
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Oh Thumbtack, this saddens me immensely! You were there in the beginning of the year when I needed help transitioning to a full time self-employed business. It was great then. All leads were affordable and reasonable, no hassles, I always got through to a person when I called, you were dependable and concerned. What happened??? Seems TT now is more concerned with its own profits than those of its Providers, who keep TT in business.
Does this new version of TT mean that I’ll be charged for contacts that I don’t even respond to or calls that go to my voice mail? Will I have a chance to “Pass” on requests? If I can’t see leads, if I can’t control when I’m charged, if TT Continues to send leads from outside my designated radius, then I am forced to shut it down. I REALLY don’t want to, I worked hard on my profile and to achieve Pro status, and I’ve loved the jobs and customers sent to me, but TT you have messed and messed with a good thing, trying our patience, messing it up until we are forced to pull the plug. PLEASE don’t do this!!!! I want the old Thumbtack back!!!!
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@marywood85

Unfortunately, you will be charged when a customer sends a generic reply "Are you available on my date" "Can we talk", etc. It's happened to me and I'm told by many reps "it shows customer is interested and we felt you were  great match for them". And that refund isn't in their policy because customer sent me a message.

I agree with you as TT was there for me as well most of the year, but in recent weeks, they haven't. I'm told by a phone rep last week that the change was made because customers were complaining that they were being bombarded with messages/quoutes from pros. But it's ok when they send a generic message and we get paid. They are just looking to make money off of us. All of my issues/concerns aren't being address by reps, just being told that I need to give it a try. They even sent me a link on how to be a success! I've been in business for 29 years, and they are telling me how to be a success. I used to be able to be personable with sending a message after a instant match quote was sent. I can't now! and I'm also told by 4 reps that "you can be personable, just put in your profile or after they contact you" EACH customer has different needs, so I can't put it all in a profile.

TT doesn't even try to push customers to click us as hired when we get hired, or leave a review, or reply either way..

Dont know what to say or do. Checking other sites though.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I totally agree with you. I feel that most potential client don't even spend the time to read profiles or maybe they just don't know how to navigate the website to get to the pros profiles. They end up asking you very costly questions which have been answered already in the profile. How write in bold letters that I don't accept insurance in my profile I can't even begin to tell you how much money I list so far with Thumbtack because of this very question. People just don't read anymore.