Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@mmyang99 Go to my profile here.
If you're on a desktop you'll see Direct Message on the right-hand side. 

If you're on a mobile device you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll then see Direct Message. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@mmyang99

I know what you mean. Sometimes I got charged for "Are you available on my date" even if a customer searches. My date may be blocked, but since a customer is just searching, I don't think that Thumbtack matches their date to our blocked date. Only way that happens is if our profiles are sent to customers via Promote/Instant Match. I think that Thumbtack should be able to have some kind of capability in this day and age, to see that a pro's blocked date cannot be matched to a customer, even if they are just searching. @Meckell

Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Can you make sure the information the clients see is comprehensive? For instance, I offer face-paint, henna, glitter body art, basic balloon art, am insured, am available for parties, festivals, community and corporate events. Several financial options are available as well. My region is within 70 miles of Upland Indiana. That is a lot of information, but it is pertinent to cluents looking for my kind of services.
Thanks
Stephanie
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I love that promote allows customers to view your profile...I love that instant match brought interested customers to me..however rather than $3-$6 per quote I have to chunk out sometimes $30-$40 to make contact to customers who are STILL fee fishing...let’s explore paying for jobs we’re HIRED for!! I know we don’t want pros getting hired for jobs without TT getting their handsome cut, but this seems like the fairest way. I would rather pay a monthly listing fee than for suspect leads that don’t amount to anything!
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I'm concerned about your new search approach. I don't respond to many inquiries for various reasons. A big one being I am already booked for the day they want me. (I'm a wedding photographer.)

I do not want to be paying for general inquiries from people I can't or don't want to serve.

Highlighted
Best Answer

New quoting format

Community Regular
Best Answer
Who else hates the new format ?! I will have random potential customers call my office and if my secretary answers the phone it is considered to be a lead and I am obligated to pay TT. Please somebody tell me im not alone in thinking this is beyond ridiculous
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: New quoting format

Community Expert
Best Answer

@DistinctionLLC

I don't like the new format either. I have voiced my opinions on the forums as well as thru private messages with some reps. My latest conatct with a rep was via phone. After talking with her, I decided to turn off Promote/Instant Match, as I want to control my own budget, and send quotes/messages like I used to.  The previous way  was a success for me, and I'm hoping to continue that success again. Been weeks since I had a positive lead, and it's very frustrating for me.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I have not tried to contact anyone from TT. I felt it would be a waist of my time . I have done very well on the original format as well . since the instant matching and all of the other attempted failures , I have not had much success from tt. Thank God this is only a tool to fill in small jobs between my actual contracts. I am seriously considering removing my company from this site, especially if they start charging me everytime my phone rings .
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
My company hasn't used tt much recently since the change either. I understand the convenience of the instant match but it was taking home more of my profit than I was. I cancelled the instant match/promotion and pick and choose what leads I want know like the old days. It's like they always say if it's not broke then don't fix it, but they did and know everything is all jacked up. They're getting to be as bad as home advisor in my opinion.
Highlighted
Best Answer

High Demand Banner/Great Value

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Have any Pros noticed these banners on their competitors profile when you do a search for other pros in the area? I've noticed that although i have more verified reviews in a shorter period of time than all of my competitors, but TT algorithms criteria doesn't recognize my High Volume. It's based off something else entirely. I've also found it problematic that the same competitor listed in my zip code as High Demand is in other zip codes that I am not even listed as a provider. How is that even possible?
The first answer thatll be given is that I dont have promote on. Well it's not going on until we're able to pay our bill in a batch payment instead of up front.
Also they rollback the batch payment from $100 to $50. That makes my business run inefficiently and I was requesting more credit before it was changed to bill at $50. We're pros, some of us Top Pros, we shouldnt be going backward.