Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Regular
Best Answer

Are you going to eliminate the instant match program and have pros decide which customers they want to follow up with?  How much is it going to cost when a customer contacts a pro?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Let's reiterate what over 90% of Pros are saying in a list. Lists are clear & concise, right?

1) We, as YOUR customers, are unhappy. Very, very unhappy.
2) The old credit system worked better.
3) Your prices are outrageous.
4) Customers who are just fishing are killing our marketing budgets.
5) If customers don't hire anyone, we should all be refunded.
6) Many believe there is a mole at TT generating fake "leads".
7) Pros should have control of their bids, NOT YOU!!
😎 Cookie cutter quotes are foolhardy at best.
9) Placating Pros & not fixing the issue insults our intelligence.
10) The ones who pay your salary are looking elsewhere & no longer give you free marketing (aka word of mouth).
11) Stop implementing changes that only benefit YOUR bottom line.
12) Instant Match & Promote are the devil. *in my best Waterboy impression*
13) Listen to the Pros!! Period. Why won't you just listen?? Better yet, don't just listen... actually HEAR what we're saying & make a change or crumble. If Rome can fall, you can too.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
How does this new search results work for photographers and other services who don’t have set availability? As a photographer, you work with the client on days and times that works best. Most of the time the client doesn’t necessary have an exact time in mind. That’s part of the scheduling process.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Mitch Farace -Mission City FlooringMitch Farace -Mission City FlooringCris, I want to say that posting business profiles is a huge step, beneficial for all. I've been with Thumbtack 5yrs +.

My business is strictly by word of mouth and online advertising. Unlike [other] contractor referral sites, the model of not being charged until the customer contacts me is a key factor in my descision to not only [drop] them, but increase my lead spend with you.

Having 23 5 star reviews with Thumbtack online is nice for customers to see when reviewing my business.

The only downfall is that some customers do not understand what their doing when contacting us. 

2/3 out of 10 customers are [not ready to hire] and want phone bids which cannot be accurate in my field, thus ending in having to pay the referral fee.

I heard about Thumbtack thru a customer and it has been fruitful every since, I encourage my customers to go to your site for all their needs as a leading provider in contractor referrals.

Thanks, Mitch Farace - MISSION CITY FLOORING 

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I am a medical transcritionist.  Prior to your change in format, I was receiving upwards of 20 requests a week for job quotes in my field from medical phsicians for my services.  Since your change in format, I am now listed in the "adminstrative assistant" category and have received ZERO requests for medical transcriptions.  I am NOT an administrative assistant.  Yes, I'm being asked for quotes to transcribe books, videos, conferences, etc, but this is not what I do.  I am a remote MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST.  You need to create a category specific to this genre so that medical physicians can find individuals like myself.  I am currently lost on your site.   I loved your site before, not so much now.  

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I had a couple leads last week that I could have at least responded to, but when I clicked on them, nothing happened.  I tried several times, and then just gave up.  There was no contact humbers for either Thumbtack or the inquirer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Best Answer

@fishingclu sorry to hear that you've been experiencing that problem. First thing I'd recommend is working through our Troubleshooting page to see if the steps there fix the problem. If you've gone through all of the steps and still have trouble you can reach out to me in a direct message or contact us through this page HERE.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
That sounds great. Looking forward to seeing more customers contacting me for my business.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Thanks for responding @mollyjj, I hope you continue to find success! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Is there a way to limit our travel radius?  If someone contacts me outside my travel radius, I dont want to be charged for a lead.

0 Likes