Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Expert
Best Answer

@sputinc

I don't think they realize how much they rely on the pros, as we pay for their service, not the customers. I have voiced my issues/concerns, and get told "we forwarded your feedback", or they send me links to read. I was told they have no proof that my feedback was forwarded. One rep told me to believe her. New system stinks and needs to be dropped now!

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I absolutely hate the new billing format! Thumbtack leads have been a big part of my business for years, and I have sadly stopped using the service. If you went back to what you had before, I would gladly re-engage with the platform. I am hoping that will be the result of this. 

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I agree 100%. They have ruined it by changing everything. It definitely needs to go back to how it was before.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Me too. I had to turn off Instant Match because too many clients were ghosting me after first contact. I can't hand out $15-30 every time someone has a question. 

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I will try the new system to see if it generates paying customers. Am I still able to control the weekly budget I desire to spend?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

So if my profile is submitted to the customer, and I reply not knowing nothing about the customer, and the job, but because I contact the lead, how would I know how much the lead would cost, the present system which isn't good, at least you could see  the lead and get a concept as to how much Tumbtack will taking from my checking account, I don't want to have a customer contact me, I don't get the lead, and I get billed 100.00

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

I'm glad you brought this up @Alasha. We definitely want you to still be in control of your spending so yes, setting your budget is still available and something we highly recommend for pros.
I hope you find success with this new system. If you have any feedback along the way, please let us know! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
You arent getting it at all. Budget does no good at all. 75 dollars for one quote is way too high. I used to get lots of work from thumbtack. Since the prices have gone sky high i dont get anything from here anymore. I use other advertising. Everything was great before you idiots decided to start changing everything. If its not broke dont fix it. It wasnt broken before and i used it all the time. Its broken now and i am hardly ever on here anymore. 75 dollars for one quote is way way way too high.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I agree, say if i spend 15 - 30 per lead and put in for or recieve 10 - 15 leads that add up to $150- $225 best case and $450 worst case. and the one job that I might land or get only pays $300 tell me how that makes a good business pratice, I pay thumbtack 150 -450 to make $300.  So basicly I am working for thumbtack so their employees keep their jobs and paychecks and the company increases their profit margins. Keep doing that and I will run myself out of business.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Hi Meckell,

Why are there no responses from you on the overwhelmingly negative feedback from Pro's here? They/we are providing very astute, valuable feedback. Remember- No Response is indeed a Response.