Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I started Thumbtack earlier this year. I film and edit weddings. I do 15-18 per year (which is a lot). I have now done over 150 ceremonies under my company name. Since joining Thumbtack, I have not received a single booking from this online service. The more I get familiar with everything, the more I realize that it is not designed to help me improve my contacts with clients. But I fell it  'is'  helping other businesses that have been using Thumbtack services longer than I have. I feel it's just the way it is; I'm on the outside looking in, waiting for things to happen, and paying for contacts I won't hear from again. Someone sent me a 'rejection message', that I had to pay for. I charge one price that works well with other (free) services that I use. Tell me...  " Do I have to lower this price to make it work for a service I'm paying for ? ? "

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

This sounds WORSE than your current plan by far! So any shopper, weather they are looking for services I can provide to them or not, will be able to reach out to me then BAM you make money & I don't even have a lead. Price shoppers, people outside of my service area, those who ask a single question then don't respond to quick follow up are all going to cost pros a ridiculous amount of money with no benefits on this plan. Thumbtack got greedy. The old plan paying a bit for every lead was great this is going to lead further to Thumbtack demise. How do I opt out of allowing guests to contact me? Will I haver to cancel my plan all together?

Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

You can go into your calendar featrure and block each hour in the days for any number of days. That is what we did until all of this shakes out. I have to believe they will change it again if it does not work. We did not want to cancel our account just in case they realize many of us do not want to participate under "this" one of many new programs. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

So they see my photo booth services and contact me to ask if I am available on their date. I am charged to tell them no, I don't have availability. There are a few dates I literally have over 30 requests for and I only have four booths. I have several completely booked weekends into 2020. How will you (or do you plan to) refund those types of contacts?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
How do you set you're budget, I can't send any quotes why
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@1tiffd to monitor and set your budget you'll want to visit your Services page. Once you're there click on the service you'd like to set your budget for, then budget. 

Your account is fully operational and open for jobs or contacts. If you have additional questions about this feel free to reach out to me in a direct message. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Ok thank you.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

No, no, no, no, no!!!!! 

Thumbtack does not know when I have students scheduled to tutor.  I have very limited timeslots and cannot take students willy nilly.  I must have control whether or not to bid.  DO NOT CHARGE ME if/when a customer is interested, as I may not be interested.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I would like to see a running total each month on what i spent on leads
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Jimfirst to monitor and keep track of your spending the Payments page will be the best option. Here is where we keep your weekly receipts and where you can see how much you've spent in weeks or months past.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes