Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: New system not sending in any leads at all. How is thumbtack considered a lead service?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

But its been 23hrs and no leads at all. I normally spend up to $700 in leads. I only clean restaurants. Did they do something to the category? I have a friend who cleans houses, and they arnt getting any leads for house cleaning either

this is a complete nightmare, thumbtack has ruined many peoples livelihood 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: New system not sending in any leads at all. How is thumbtack considered a lead service?

Community Expert
Best Answer

@jew85em in your contact history I'm seeing about 2-3 contacts per 2 days. Since the change I'm seeing about the same amount for you in the last two days with 3 contacts. Is it possible that it feels so different since new changes you see much less volume through your Jobs page and all contacts from interested customers will show in your inbox?

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

All day yesterday 1 lead came through. Then last night at 9pm 2 leads came through just like the old system. I dont clean every single type of lead. So if you see leads less than 2000 sqft, Those are no use to me. If i can still land a wlkthrough per day then Im doing good. I only hyad one person contact me the whole day yesterdy

Did they switch back to the old system? becuse me and my friend got a couple of leads the old way

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@jew85em it will now be a mix of both, with customers reaching out to you and showing up in your inbox and jobs that you can quote on through the jobs page. When a customer sets their filters and then chooses to reach out to a pro and answer some questions about the job, we'll also be sending the job to other pros that we think may be a good fit and let them choose to send their info. Especially if the pro that was first reached out to is unavailable or chooses to decline the contact. This is when you'll see the jobs come into your jobs page.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Ok thats better, i bet they saw the instant dropoff with the change

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hello Chris, 

A problem that I run into very frequently here is being charged for contact with customers who live too far away for my services to be a good fit for them. It would be great if I could limit where I show up in search results with a mile radius. In Los Angeles, there are potentially a great number of instructors in any given area, and I'm being charged for contacts with customers that live as much as 30 miles away and are never interested in driving to my location for music lessons. It would be great if something could be done about this! Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@lucasmartinez sorry to hear this has been a frequent frustration for you. With your line of work it makes sense to have the "customers travel to me" option checked in your travel. However, with this on customers will be able to choose how far they want to travel and it won't be restricted by your travel radius. I'll be sure to forward your sentiments on the subject through feedback. Also, on your Services page under Advanced Settings the "match me with customers outside of my travel preferences". I've shut this off for you which should also help quite a bit.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I think it is great customers will be able to see and choose pros directly based on their profiles. I still have some concerns though, as the first person who contacted me did not provide adequate information to decide whether to respond or not. The lack of information and proper job description left me with the decision to risk being charged, only to find out the customer was not asking for what they thought they were. Based on what I have witnessed previously, I had to decline with out responding in order to avoid the risk of being charged.

I know this was brought up a lot, during the last Q&A. What steps or plans are you making to better vette the customers requests, or to credit a pro for a mis-communication of the job from a potential customer? Or at least not charging for a "request for more information".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

So...I'm trying this new promote option.  According to my stats I am getting more looks now then ever...A good think.  Bad thing is out of all the looks only two people were interested but instead of them contacting me I got notices from Thumbtack saying they were interested, I got charged and no one responded to my follow on the advised interest!   I have been using thumbtack for just about a year and I have the stats to be Top Pro in January.  I worked hard, gave discounted services to move my way towards Top Pro and now with this new system I am not seeing the results I worked so hard to achieve.  It was much better seeing the leads in real time and responding to the onesthat fit my services.  I am so very disappointed at how this is turning out!!!  With my first contact now being a response to a Thumbtack notification as opposed to a response from the client I don't think I really stand a chance of getting the client I am paying for.  TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED, THIS IS KILLING MY BUSINESS!!!!!!!

ALEX 310PHOTOS, LLC

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I learned about the existance of Thumbtack through a podcast that featured one of your founders & I love the concept behind Thumbtack.  However, my business does not quite fit any of your current services.  We install a product called helical piles.  These are also known as helical piers & ground screws.

What they are is a foundation / footer that is perfect for a number of applications.  These include (1) deck footers, (2) foundations & ground beams for home additions and also (3) foundation underpinnings on existing structures.

I would like it very much if you can add a service called footing & foundation installation under (A) your deck and porch remodel or addition service category.  Also under (B) the home remodeling service category.

I am not the only business of this kind in the USA.  I am part of a large & ever growing network of dealers who install our helical piles throughout the USA. If you are willing to do this, I will let our network of dealers know about this new offering from Thumbtack.  This can lead to a decent increase in leads revenue for Thumbtack. 

You can check out the size of our delaer network at the following URL   https://www.technometalpost.com/en-US/

Feel free to give me a call at 267-322-1687 if you have any questions.

0 Likes