Best Answer

Listed as 0% response rate

Community Regular
Best Answer

Hi Everyone!

I need a little help - I have been a top pro for the last two years. I have like everyone else gone through a lot of the changes with Thumbtack but have always had a great experience. Mid point last year, I turned insta match off as they had not yet implemented the calendar and it didn't seem fair to have to repeatedly turn down work. I recently reactivated it but have had no views and no leads. I checked my profile to see that I am listed as having a 0% response rate. I have tried to get answers but the help that I got was unsatisfactory and I was told it was because I had turned insta match off even though it is now on. This seems incredibly unfair as I have invested a huge amount of money in the past paying for leads. I was told that I won't improve this until I start responding to leads. I feel very much caught in a catch 22 as I am not showing up in search results. Help!! Thanks in advance!

States
0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Listed as 0% response rate

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@lajbre108 First off, congratulations on being a Top Pro! That's something to be proud of and we appreciate your hard work and the great service you offer customers. 
I looked into your account and am happy to give you a little more clarification on your situation. Before yesterday, it looks like you haven't been using your Thumbtack account for the past few months. Because you haven't been active and responding to new leads, there is no response rate for us to calculate and that's why it's showing 0. Give it a little bit and you'll see your response rate go back up. 
How a pro appears in search results is determined by a few things which you can read about here. One of the factors is responsiveness. Keep doing what you're doing and give it some time and I'm sure you'll start seeing yourself in search results soon. Please let us know if you have any other questions! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@lajbre108 First off, congratulations on being a Top Pro! That's something to be proud of and we appreciate your hard work and the great service you offer customers. 
I looked into your account and am happy to give you a little more clarification on your situation. Before yesterday, it looks like you haven't been using your Thumbtack account for the past few months. Because you haven't been active and responding to new leads, there is no response rate for us to calculate and that's why it's showing 0. Give it a little bit and you'll see your response rate go back up. 
How a pro appears in search results is determined by a few things which you can read about here. One of the factors is responsiveness. Keep doing what you're doing and give it some time and I'm sure you'll start seeing yourself in search results soon. Please let us know if you have any other questions! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Okay! Thanks for your response. I didn't know that this would happen when I went off for a while. Thanks for the reassurance that things will change. I haven't been getting any leads at all but have been responding to 'opportunities'. Hoping that this counts too.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Veteran
Best Answer
My understanding is that responding to opportunities has no effect on response time and only through direct leads will you be able to get your response times back up. Maybe TT can confirm.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@MR @lajbre108 sending a quote through the opportunities tab does not have any effect on response rate and time. However, if a pro quotes on a job through the Opportunities tab, the customer then responds to that quote, the pros next response is then taken into effect to their response rate and time. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Okay great. That happened today. Appreciate your response. This is all becoming clearer. Thanks!
0 Likes