Highlighted

Merged hire stats and reviews from multiple profiles

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I'd like to see Thumbtack offer an option to merge hire stats and reviews from multiple profiles.  Currently, I have 27 profiles.  I've been hired 55 times on Thumbtack.  But most of my profiles have 3 or less hires.  I don't think geography should make a hire less authentic.  Can you give an option for Pros to opt into a merged stats and review status?  I'm okay with keeping the profiles separate.

I can't upload different profile pics for my 27 profiles, if I change the pic on one profile, it changes on all of them.  So I figure, why not do the same for hire stats and reviews?

replies
Highlighted

Re: Merged hire stats and reviews from multiple profiles

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@StoriesUpSTL Each profile is unique to the location it's in, and the information that's on one profile may not be relevant to the other. There are some pros who have multiple profiles for different cities with different employees. The experience with that location could be totally different than another location. That's why you aren't able to transfer or merge reviews or stats from profile to profile. 

Of course, you bring up some great points and examples and I'll definitely pass on your suggestion. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@Meckell What percentage of your Pros are companies with different employees doing the work in different cities?  I understand what you are saying, but it seems like that might be a very small percentage of the pros on the platform.  Also, what happens when that company changes employees in a specific market?  Are you deleting that hire count or review?  Of course not.  But it is not the same person doing the work now is it?

As a videographer, I do all my own filming.  I subcontract some of the editing, but that happens at my office in St. Louis and editing is not something that needs to happen where the client is or where the shoot happens.  A hire on Thumbtack should have value accross geographic lines as long as it is done by the same company.   

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@StoriesUpSTL while I don't have any direct data to share on this, just from what I've seen in my time at Thumbtack there are more of those types of businesses using the site, then there are of those in a unique situation like yours where the pro is open to travel for jobs all over the U.S. Regardless, it would be ideal that we optimize for both and something I hope we can do to help accomodate you and other pros with similar situations in the future. My thought would be to list video production as a category with the option for the pro to list their services remotely, which would then allow you to have just one profile that's shown all over the states in search results. If you agree I'd be happy to share that feedback for you. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Kameron,

No I don't want just 1 profile.  I'd rather keep things as they are than do that.

0 Likes