Highlighted

Missing Jobs tab jobs?

Community Veteran
Best Answer

I've seen maybe a dozen jobs in the last 3 months in my Jobs tab. Insights shows me that there have been 499 jobs in the last 3 months in my area.

Why am I only seeing a very very small fraction of the jobs that were available over the last 3 months in my Jobs tab?

Regards,
Laurence.

replies
Highlighted

Re: Missing Jobs tab jobs?

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Lar I am seeing very much the same thing - everything is on the decline. Number of leads, number of Jobs in job tab, number of views. Everything that is countable is on a pretty fast downtrend.

Its not seasonal issues or the return of nice weather - as my other lead volumes from other sources are stable, if not greater in volume. There is one lead source that is a lot like TT used to be (name intentionally omitted) that has been very active as of late. 

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Lar jobs in the Jobs tab will come and go very quickly. Once a job is placed into the Jobs tab, we allow up to five pros to quote on that job. Once five pros have quoted, it will be removed from the Jobs tab and therefore, you will not see it. So, if you aren't seeing as many jobs that are showing in your insights, it's most likely because they're getting quoted on fairly quick before you see it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Meckell That's good to know.. does that 5 pros include both promoted and non-promoted, or just 5 non-promoted pros?

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@MR 

I was about to ask @Meckell that same question!!

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@MR whether a pro is promoting their service or not, we allow five pros to quote on that particular job through the Jobs tab.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

So, how quickly should I be checking my Jobs tab to try to catch these Jobs?

Like, every 10 seconds? Every minute? Every 5 minutes? Every day?

I'm very active on Thumbtack and I swear that in the last 3 months I've seen only maybe a dozen jobs in that time on my Jobs tab and I have a hard time believing that I've missed out on all these jobs. I'll follow up in a PM @Meckell and try to get to the bottom of this.

Regards,
Laurence.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Lar It's entirely up to you to determine how often you would like to check your Jobs tab. I'll keep an eye out for your private message so we can discuss this further and see what can be done in order for you to see more of those jobs. 

0 Likes