Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: ANOTHER REVIEW COMPLAINT! GRRRR!

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I realize they can do a one-time update but this review shouldn't have even been posted. I want it deleted because no work was done. Just let us ask for our own reviews and this whole topic of dissention goes away. 

Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Unintentional Review

Active Community Member
Best Answer
Yes. This is a huge issue.
TT should take a long hard look at the review system they incorporate.
Best Answer

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@MMM_Memoriesgreat post! To me it makes absolutely NO SENSE that a lead that didn't hire you & has NEVER even spoken to you should have any opportunity to  review a service pro. C'mon Thumbtack what are you thinking here?

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@MMM_Memories thank you for sharing these pieces of feedback. I've made sure to document and pass them along for our teams to review.

@MMM_Memories and @Hankster if you haven't already, be sure to check out this recent post about pro feedback: Keeping you in the (feedback) loop. In #4 we share our thoughts on allowing reviews only if the customer hired you. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Veteran
Best Answer

Thanks @Kameron. I did read that. I know this is in the evaluating options stage but this statement sticks out:

'We understand it can be frustrating to receive a review when you weren’t even hired. We want to allow customers to share their thoughts on their experience with a pro, even if they decide to go a different direction. Their experience is still valid and might be useful for future customers to know'

I'm a DJ service pro. 99% of the time for those leads that do take the time to reach out to me again (key word here) after they initially contacted me I don't get hired because someone else offered a better price. What if your customer/my lead thinks my price is out of line after only contacting me only one time? They are going to give me a 1 star review and possibly also give me a bad written review & that affects my current 5.0 review rating. Please do not even think about implementing this part even on a trial basis.

Highlighted
Best Answer

How can someone make a request for someone else an it not be called Third party??

Community Regular
Best Answer
This is one major down fall Thumbtack has an it’s an extremely bad one for us Pro’s. To me if someone makes a request needing plumbing work an failed to communicate with the Pro’s letting them know oh this is really for my “mom” or a “friend” an they were never a customer how do they have a right to leave a review to me as a business owner that’s fraud. When y’all charge us then when it’s reported y’all look into it an refund my money yet don’t remove the review. I’d like answers to this an when you call in many times requesting member of management to call you guess what you get no call you get an email from a sales lead an you were told they’d call you right back. Very unprofessional in my eyes.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: How can someone make a request for someone else an it not be called Third party??

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@RooterProsLLC1 thanks for reaching out about this. I want to better understand your situation and see what I can do to help. Just to clarify, was the person who left you the review the person who created the request on Thumbtack? Feel free to send me a DM with the name of the customer and any other info that might be helpful! 

Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: How can someone make a request for someone else an it not be called Third party??

Community Regular
Best Answer
Yes, ma’am it was an I’m unsure how to send you a DM feel free to send me one an I can replay or a email to RooterProsLLC@gmail.com Thank you for your help with this matter. @Meckell
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@RooterProsLLC1 just sent you a private message. Respond to that with more info when you can and I'll be in touch! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Bad reviews rant

Community Regular
Best Answer

I've been using Thumbtack for my business for less than a year but it was a great addition for our advertising and sales. 

However, we encountered this situation and I'm just so frustrated with it. We provided a quote for a customer but they didn't responded and after that our availability changed as we got booked somewhere else. Later the client was ready to book and messaged us willing to proceed with the booking. We politely explained that unfortunately we were already booked and wouldn't be able to provide our services. After that the client goes to book us anyway and leaves a 1-star review with no explanations. They also hasn't responded to our message about theit review. 

After contacting customer support, I was told that the review didn't break any of Thumbtack Content&Review Policies, but: 

"Reviews not directly related to a pro’s professionalism, interactions, or performance on a project started or completed." - The project has never started as we have never confirmed the booking with this client

"Reviews that do not represent users’ actual, personal experience." - We have never rendered or even confirmed our services with this client so they do not have any experience with us. 

"Reviews which are not posted after a reasonable and sensible period following the work. Reviews must be posted either within one year after the customer submitted the request, or within one year of the last day the pro worked on the project. " - We have never worked on this project and the project date is not even due yet.

I've also been told while talking to the online support agent that once you and your customer had an initial connection, Thumbtack allows them to leave a review for pros as this will still be within the scope of having interaction even if it did not result into a hire.

It's damaged our rating by 0.2 stars (points?) which is still a hiiiiiit. It took us almost 6 month to get that 4.8 stars from another 3 star review (illogical star rating system is a whole different topic, don't even start with me about that). I'm just so frustrated in this situation. Like okay, my business is always in demand and we will eventually recover but what about people who really really need these good reviews? I've also read about people leaving Pros unintentional reviews and even about people who leave bad reviews JUST BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T LIKE THE PRICE. This is totally, completely and absolutely ridiculous that with all the money my business spends on Thumbtack. Which is really fine, business needs ads but I do expect something more that just a nice customer support agent trying to calm me down. Like seriously.

Not cool, Thumbtack. 
0 Likes