Not getting leads? Here is why (THE REAL REASON)

Community Regular
Best Answer

I actually found out why I wasn't getting as many bookings as I usually do the other day from another pro on Thumbtack. It's due to Thumbtack's algorithm. For me, I am a top pro Makeup Artist on thumbtack at the very top of the search results. I don't offer hairstyling, however, it seems to be a service that goes hand in hand with makeup. I went from securing 4-6 bookings per week, to only securing 2 bookings within 2 weeks after getting over 20 leads as of recently. Someone told me its cause lets say a client wants only you. After they reach out to you, Thumbtack will shove other pros in their face that may do exactly what you do or may have other services that coincide with the service you all offer (for example in my case, shoving pros in my client's face that can do makeup AND HAIR...something I don't offer).

Now you lost your lead, you're left on read, paid for the lead that you lost, and that pro gets your job because Thumbtack wants to be greedy and the customer realizes "Oh! Maybe I don't want just makeup, I want makeup AND hair." It made me livid when I found that out. 

replies

Re: Not getting leads? Here is why (THE REAL REASON)

Community Regular
Best Answer
Wow, that's not cool at all. I hope that's not what they're doing. I just recently joined TT and this community in hopes of networking with other pros and getting leads, but I'm not with the foolishness. Thanks for sharing.

Community Regular
Best Answer
When I found out it really made so much sense. And this was discovered by a client of the pro I spoke with! The client was trying to look for the first pro she originally reached out to and couldn't find her after being bombarded with so many other pros that TT threw at her

Active Community Member
Best Answer
O wow! I've been with TT since 2015 and it boy have they changed. I turned off all my services due to the lead cost increases and no refunds.

Velvet Oasis Events