Highlighted

Notifications

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Good morning,
I believe a few months ago, I put my account on hold. Now I am ready to get back on track, but cannot find the way to do it. 
any help will be appreciated.
thank you,

States
0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: Notifications

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Welcome back @denyse! All you need to do is log back into your Thumbtack account. From there, go to your services and select add service. After that, it'll walk you through the rest! Let me know if you run into any questions.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

tks. 

but sorry, in the account, I don't see "services". under which section is it?
tks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@denyse it's one of the four main tabs. If you're on the desktop, you'll see it at the top of your screen, but if you're on the app, you'll see it along the bottom.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Done,

thank you!

Highlighted

Email notifications gone?

Community Expert
Best Answer

Are the email notifications gone? I receive an occasional text message for services that I don't Promote, but never receive an email notification for ANY jobs, where I used to receive email. I know that we had a discussion in the Community(Water Cooler now) that jobs were grouped into emails, and how we didn't like receiving them at late evening where we couldn't view/reply to them.

So, my next question is, if email notifications are gone for Jobs Tab leads, which was a big part of my succeess on Thumbtack, is this a sign of Thumbtack doing away with the Jobs Tab altogether? Signs are there and I'm sure that inquiring minds would like to know.

DJ Stevie 5-22-2019

Highlighted

Re: Email notifications gone?

Community Expert
Best Answer

@DJStevie We’re consolidating some of the notifications you used to get when a new job opportunity became available in your market so you can focus on the leads that matter most. Now, you’ll be notified every time a customers contacts you directly where you have a much greater chance of winning. You may not see much of the notifications for those opportunities in the Jobs tab since there will be much more of them that may or may not be a great fit for you (those are shown there for you to decide), and the customer has already reached out to another pro directly. There are no current plans to do away with the Jobs Tab, but you may see some changes being made to it from time to time. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Kameron 

Shouldn't I be the one who decides which leads matter most to me? Sitting back and waiting to be notified when someone reaches out to me, is just like one of your competitors. And the waiting game to put it mildly stinks. As I said, Jobs Tab was one that I was very successful with, and I'm sure other Pros will agree to it, and would love for them to chime in here. All I receive are jobs that are 150+ miles away, and very rare occasion a local job. Tools to help with Jobs Tab are being taken as well, some  of which have been discussed in previous threads?

No current plans to do away with the Jobs Tab? Does that mean plans for doing it away with it later in the year may happen?

DJ Stevie 5-22-2019

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@DJStevie as Kameron mentioned, there aren't plans to do away with the Jobs tab at this time. I understand that you did find success with the Jobs tab in the past, which you can still do! However, it's important to focus on those customers who are reaching out to you directly. Of course, all of this feedback is super beneficial for us to hear. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Meckell 

I understand part of what you are saying, but how can I focus on customers reaching out to me when that is very rare? And even when someone reaches out to me, I get charged, I reply immediately and then ghosted forever. This is why Jobs Tab was/is very important to me and my business. How can I continue to have success with it if I rarely receive a local job in the Jobs Tab? At one time, I was able to view if my message and/or quote were viewed, I can see immediately if a Job Poster was a right fit for me, not have TT determine that. Others may disagree with me, and that's fine. The way both systems are now, it's not working for me, and I'm sure many Pros as well. Again, I've done everything that has been asked of me and nothing! Also, I'm told to have patience, but for how much longer?

I think that I have given similar feedback during the past 6 months, so if this  feedback is/was "super beneficial" as you say @Meckell , then what was working before would have stayed put, or something should have been implemented or status passed on to me, true?

DJ Stevie 5-22-2019