Highlighted

Opportunities tab not working

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Why 95% of my messages are unseen if sent using Opportunities tab?

I don't know why thumbtack still make changes in Opportunities tab if is unusable... just close this option in leave only Promote (targeting).

Starting with September 2019 nobody hired me.  2 years ago I spent $5000 for thumbtack but last 6 months around $300 and nothing.

Thumbtack as a jobs generator died.

replies
Highlighted

Re: Opportunities tab not working

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Hi Russ.  How do you know Opportunities isn't working?  I use it a couple times a week, but I also get almost 0 response.  There have been a few responses but very infrequently.  I would like to know how the job posters see incoming responses from Pros through Opportunities.  Are they differentiated in some way or de-prioritized for delivery timing (like none display until all originally contacted Pros respond, delcine or a certain time elapses)?  My own opinion is that job posters simply choose not to respond to incoming Opportunities contact from Pros.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@lmheim 

Check Messages - Sent quotes. If you  see a blue seen mark, your message was seen.  You can check this only in your thumbtack app not website. 

Job poster will not receive an email notification and even a message in inbox . Customer needs to explore this, click project... and to find this.

@Meckell 

I understand your point of view in this case, thumbtack wants to have prioritized the pros contacted directly. But why I should use Opportunities tab if the customer will not receive an email notification or a message in his thumbtack inbox? Maybe is better to remind customer after 24 hours about interested pros? directly to inbox and email notification? Checking my Sent messages I see around 5-7% messages are seen from 50 sent, I'm asking you not about unanswered messages but UNSEEN. 

Do you have any statistics about how many messages sent via Opportunities tab  has been SEEN?

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Russ86 When a pro sends a quote through the Opportunities tab, they don't receive a read receipt indicating the quote was viewed like they do when they respond to Targeted leads. So, there is a good chance that more of your sent quotes are being viewed than you think. 

I don't have any statistics to share right now, but I'll be sure to submit your feedback that this is something you're wanting more info on. Thank you for sharing your perspective on this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

First screen vs 2nd

1.jpg2.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@Russ86 Oh - thank you for that little nugget of info.  I went back through the Opportunities I responded to and NONE have a blue check mark EXCEPT for the only one who actually sent me a note back.  Does that mean that NONE of my messages to Opportunities have been seen by the job poster?  The good news is that I didn't pay a penny for those.  The bad news is that - even though I was the first to respond in several cases - the job poster did not even open/read my bid/request for more information.  It helps explain why my success rate with Opportunities is almost 0, but that isn't a very good sign.  I'd really like to see how thos are displayed to the job poster in relation to how direct quotes are displayed.

@Russ86 wrote:

First screen vs 2nd

1.jpg2.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Yes. This blue check means the customer saw your message/offer. This was already confirmed by thumbtack support. 

0 Likes

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Russ86 thanks for providing these screenshots to add further context. As @Meckell mentioned quotes sent to Opportunities are not programmed to have any type of read receipts. When looking at these quotes in your account on a desktop we don't see any checkmarks but noticed that your screenshots are from the mobile app. We'll be noting this error on your account as something for our teams to look into and fix. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@Kameron is not a bug 🙂 I have this already tested. If customer will not open my message (interested pro) I will not see any sign. But after customer open any message from an interested pro, you will see a seen confirmation and time. Cheers! Hope this new strategy will bring more money to thumbtack... 🙂 this is not anymore a  jobs source for me.

Highlighted

Opportunities success/problems?

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I know this is similar to another discussion, but I think my specific comment/question is different.  I went back and found that since Jan 1, 2020, I sent responses to 19 Opportunities.  Of those, only 1 responded in any way.  That was also the only time I found a blue check mark in the messages, which one Pro has stated indicates that the job poster opened/read the message. TT moderators have stated that there is no coding in the system to track if/when a job poster opens an Opportunity response.  I'd like confirmation of that, especially from the perspective/experience of other Pros responding to Opportunities.

Additionally, 1 out of 19 over 2 months is an exceptionally poor response rate, so I also question whether responses to Opportunities are seen by the job poster in some de-prioritized manner.  TT moderators have stated that they are displayed in exactly the same manner as if it was a response to a Direct Lead.  I'd like confirmation of that too, especially from the perspective/experience of other Pros responding to Opportunities.

All my responses are requests for additional information and never include a cost right off the bat, so there is no possibility that job posters are simply ignoring me based on pricing.  Something else is going on - either the system is not enabling Opportunities in the way we think, or I am just the victim of exceptionally high ghosting rates.  

post merged to existing conversation by moderator on 10/03/2020