Highlighted

Re: Opportunities success/problems?

Community Expert
Best Answer

@lmheim ultimately since these thoughts and questions are similarly intermingled around Opportunities and how they work, we've decided to merge your post here. 

I want to clarify that quotes sent to Opportunities will not be displayed the same as if a pro responds to a lead. When a quote is sent through the Opportunities section the customer will likely get a notification (pending their notification settings) and within the project, they will be presented among the list of other pros interested in the project below the pro(s) that the customer has already contacted. From there the customer can access and respond to your quote. This is a bit more different than when a pro responds to a direct lead which will show up under the customer's project in the messenger.

Feel free to check out this similar conversation about customers seeing manually sent quotes that we've had in the past:
My experience as a Thumbtack customer

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Thank you.  That  is completely different from what one of the moderators told me about Opportunities a day or two ago.  

What about the check mark?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@lmheim Kameron and I are the only moderators here in the Community and I'm not seeing that we replied to you about the Opportunities tab over the last couple of days. Can you share where you got misinformation about the Opportunities tab so we can clarify?

That blue checkmark should not appear on sent quotes through the Opportunities tab. As Kameron mentioned earlier in this thread, our teams are looking into why this checkmark is appearing on another pro (@russ86) sent quotes. If you send us a DM with a screenshot of this as well, we will send it to our teams to look into.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Opportunities tab not working

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@Kameron @Meckell Although I only have one confirmed data point of the blue check mark, it certainly correlates with a known instance of a customer actually opening/reading my response to an Opportunity.  I can't confirm anything about the Opportunities that have no blue check mark because none of those ever responded in any way.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hey there @Russ86. Can you give us more info on what you're meaning when say the Opportunities tab is not working? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Thumbtack is only concerned with making money, that's about it. Their customer service is unbelievably poor. A customer uses this application to find someone who can provide a service, but in order to do that, there are certain money making guidelines for Thumbtack you must follow before finding your pro. First, a pro pays for a lead no matter what, then other pros sit on the sideline and send quotes until they are blue in the face without any customers seeing them. During this process, the customer suffers because they sit and wait. Who knows what goes on with these messages that we send out. There is a complete lack of transparency from a business standpoint. Overall, everyone sits around waiting, both customers and pros, while Thumbtack takes in the $10-$25 per lead from all of us schmucks. Fix your service to better serve your customers and pros. We are all customers and we pay your income and generate the revenue in your company. With better customer service comes better and more loyal customers. Never make a customer wait. The service pros and customers deserve more than that. Get it together man. I've been using Thumbtack for close to 4 years, and it keeps getting worse and worse.
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Same here, I've been responding to opportunities left and right and get 0 response every time. No one even looks at the messages I send. I believe thumbtack makes it very tedious for a job poster to view sent opportunities to purposely sell their extremely overpriced leads. I got auto charged over $50 for ONE LEAD. That's a crazy amount of money to spend on a chance to earn someone's business. Why have opportunities in the first place if no one can read them and give a false sense of hope?

I switched over to Bark Leads, they cost money as well but it's cheaper for leads, moreover I get to pick my leads instead of getting auto charged for a lead that wont pan out. $150 gave me 20 leads. 10 of which have been responded to and chose me to do their projects.