Highlighted

Opportunities

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I’m wondering why the heading at the top of opportunity page reads—‘These customers found other pros first’?? Why am I seen as a backup/plan B??? Great reviews and have completed countless jobs for Thumbtack.

States
replies
Highlighted

Re: Opportunities

Community Expert
Best Answer

@BT It's ultimately up to customers who they choose to contact directly from the search results. Pros should focus on direct leads first, and use opportunities as a way to try to get a few extra paying customers. If a customer reaches out to another pro but you may also be a great fit for their job, you may see their project in the Opportunites section. You can read more about Opportunities here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/opportunities

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

What is the point of the Opportunities tab?

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Has anyone been hired by reaching out to a job posted on the Opportunites tab?

I do it every now and then and I haven't had any sort of response by any of the job posters.  What is the point of having access to these jobs?  I don't see any evidence that they are receiving my messages/bids. 

And related to that, why do I get email notifications saying "John Smith hasn't heard back from any pros..."  

Highlighted

Re: What is the point of the Opportunities tab?

Community Expert
Best Answer

@StoriesUpSTL 

I haven't had any hires, let alone replies, when I send quotes/message via Job(now Opportunities) Tab. It's been months, I believe the last time someone replied to me via those tabs was back in February.

I also send requests via those tabs when there is a "flag" that says Best Chance, but still no replies. Makes me wonder if I'm just wasting my time sending those quotes/messages out.

DJ Stevie 11-13-2019

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@DJStevie @StoriesUpSTL I think the main reason for that is that the job poster isn't notified directly when Pros that they didn't pick submit a quote.  The only way they find that out is if they happen go into their job (via the app or web browser) and look at those Pros who've indicated that they're "interested."  And even then, I feel that term is misleading as well because it doesn't explicitly imply that an actual quote or message was submitted by those other Pros.  Since the platform changed, I haven't had any job poster reply to my correspondence via the "Opportunities" tab.

~RCPS

11/13/19

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

I was wondering the same. Since I stopped "automatic payment" for my chosen areas, I have gotten NO leads at all, only leads on the Opportunity tab. 

I know others have said the same. Is it just not possbile to get leads unless you sign up for "pay in advance"? 

Discouraged,

Diana 

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@DianaOst you can still get direct leads if your targeting preferences aren't set. Keep in mind that if your targeting preferences aren't set, we don't know which jobs you'll always want or what customers to connect you with. 

I think something to focus on is your ranking in search results. There are a few things that you can do that should improve where you're showing up. I recommend getting some reviews on your profile (remember you can get up to 10 from customers outside of Thumbtack.) After that, let's have you add some past projects.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions! 

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

I was getting a lot of leads eariler this year when I had the targeting turned on, so I was assuming that was the difference, perhaps wrongly. (I did see others say that they thought the change affected them.)

When I turned automatic payment off, the leads totally went away. I have not changed my profile much, exceptto add things like more information and some portfolio items.

I can get some reviews. I can add projects too, now that I know that they can be off Thumbtack. 

Thanks Meckell.

Diana

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Opportunities

Community Regular
Best Answer
It's the new changes. Its because they want you to actively target and pay, otherwise you drop out of ALL search results unless you're already a top pro. If you have targeting off and you're not a "Top Pro" you won't show up, hence Thumbtack trying to entice you to actively pay and target so you can get them too. Its a straight diss to us who have been loyal and active professionals.
Highlighted

Why are opportunities showing up for jobs several hundred miles or more away?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Checking my account and I see numerous jobs showing under the opportunities tab. But when I review them out of roughly 20 all but 1 were for jobs at minimum 75 miles away and most were about 2 or more hours away. Why are these showing up for me? I'm worried I'm not being listed as a service provider in the correct markets.
0 Likes