Highlighted

Plagiarism/Account Verification

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I am concerned that there is not a level playing field for pro's on thumbtack as some pro's are using photos on their profiles that do not belong to them. If you can upload anybody's work to your profile, how are customers to know what your true work is? 

Does thumbtack attempt to prevent plagiarism?

Occupations (1)
0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: Plagiarism/Account Verification

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hi @dombskinner! Have you seen other pros using your photos on their Thumbtack profile?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
There is a pro that has used my photos as well as photos of other famous designers on her page. She was contacted on Friday by me as well as another designer and she immediately took the photos down as well completely removed her website. She is still actively using thumbtack. There is a client review for this designer and the client states how this designer took her consultation fee after canceling on the client. I want to see this issue addressed, as this designer is one of the highest ranked designers, yet this person does not have a background check nor does this designer have their own photos. This designer is scamming clients while using other's portfolios.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Thanks for that additional context @dombskinner I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. Each situation is handled on a case by case basis. If pros are noticing this type of activity by other pros, we definitely want to hear about it so we can get the appropriate team to look into it. The best thing to do would be to contact our customer support team and share the details with them and they will go from there.

0 Likes