Highlighted

Re: Thumbtacks Pricing Model is Outrageous and

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@marie510I'm right there with you & I have been saying the same thing for many years now. I've been using TT since 2010. Apparently, TT doesn't have their listening ears on.

Hankster 8/1/19

Highlighted

Customers never contact me but I'm being charged. Why am I paying for people to simply view my quote

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Thumbtack is deceiving potential clients by not making my rate prominent. They claim my rate is too high AFTER they view me.

Customers never contact me but I'm being charged. Why am I paying for people to simply view my quotes, as they are free to do with PROMOTE? PROMOTE doesn't make sense and I am losing a lot of money and not getting any work. I'm getting ready to leave if I'm not refunded.

Whoever is responsible for changing Thumbtack and implimenting promote is going to be responsible for their downfall. 

Highlighted

Re: Customers never contact me but I'm being charged. Why am I paying for people to simply view m...

Community Expert
Best Answer

@lisasshields you'll only be charged when a customer reaches out to you directly through the search results or responds to a quote you've sent from the Jobs tab. I know it can be frustrating if those customers don't get back to you after your first response or if they mention your prices being higher than their budget after the fact. Ghosting is something that we're looking to have less frequently as we work to improve the Thumbtack experience. As well I've heard some pros mention the idea of the customer budget restricting which pros show up in their search, OR allowing pros to set a preference based on the customers budget. Do you feel like either of those ideas could help solve for that scenario, or do you have any ideas of your own?

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

TT encourages customers to send multiple can messages

Community Regular
Best Answer
I know i cant be the only pro that dont agree with being charged 60 to 100 dollars for a customer to send me a can message like when is your availability whats your estimate and then when i reply never get a responsce and the customer has sent this same can message to 5 to 7 other pros eho all got charged the same amount for a singke quistion thumbtack makse up to 7 hundred dollars this has git to be changsd to where the pro only gets. Garged if the customer responds back to there reply
Highlighted

Pricing

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I used to love using Thumbtack but with the new pricing it makes it impossible for me to afford to do bids. I have moved on to another site when they lower their prices I will probably come back
Highlighted

NO FAIR HOW WE ARE PAYING

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

With some updates of the site, I have realized that I am spending more money than before using the pro service of Thumbtack. Before I paid only when the customer answered, but now I pay for that matches my preferences but the customer simply never responds and makes us pay for something that we are not having. We are professionals who deserve respect and receive what we do. Hard and honest work! It is not fair to pay only for preferences, only the website is gaining from this. We can not even say that we were hired more, because we took that option. The website is no longer thinking about the Pros and only on itself.

Highlighted

Re: Pricing and Lead Process

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Whoever is setting these prices has no idea how much a job should cost. They are asking way too much for most jobs. Especially for small jobs. I just passed on one that cost as much as I would charge the customer.

????????????????????????????

0 Likes
Highlighted

The only thing worse and more frustrating than the seemin...

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

The only thing worse and more frustrating than the seemingly random lead cost is the total lack of ability for customer support to respond with anything more profound than “ many things impact the cost of a lead” or “we work very hard to make our fees competitive

0 Likes
Highlighted

Cost vs value

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Im no longer getting value for my money. My billing is happening everyday. Yall pull 50 bucks a day off my account but im only getting 1 out of every 10 bids. Use to 6 out of 10. No longer cost effective
0 Likes
Highlighted

undue charges

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I ask you to review my accepted orders, I am not receiving the acceptance of the clients and you are discounting the costs that do not adjust to reality. Customers have not yet accepted my services and you continue as if they had done so.