Highlighted

Useless leads/refunds

Community Regular
Best Answer
There should be a refund policy on leads being sent to us on the, "PRO" side with no response after paying the lead. For example, I run a painting business which I just started. I was not on the auto pay, but sent a notification from a customer who was requesting a estimate to paint 8+ rooms in his house. I paid for the lead after viewing the job details and requested a bit more information and gave the customer my contact information as well. Since there is no number to follow up with the customer, I replied requesting more information and got no response. I also followed up with this customer and still no luck. After disputing the charge with customer service and explaining how its unfair to pay for a lead and get no response even after following up I didnt get a refund. I have a perfect five star reviews, with a full detailed profile with pictures of my work. I'm not asking for money to be placed back to my bank account, only asking for credits back on thumbtack that way I can use it next time with customers that are SERIOUS inquiries. I understand that your not going to get hired, but what's NOT FAIR is when someone sends a estimate request and we pay for the lead to respond asking for more information and get NOTHING, is not fair and should be refunded. This is telling me, that anyone that's, "trolling" can go onto the site and have us pay for the lead and lose time and money for nothing. There should be a policy that If the customer does not respond, especially when you reached out asking for additional information and get no response, there should be a refund atleast in thumbtack credits. This is a waste of money, $55 bucks down the drain for a useless lead. Anyone else have this problem?
Highlighted

Re: Useless leads/refunds

Community Regular
Best Answer
ABSOLUTELY AGREED! It is absolutely ridiculous to have to pay in this scenario - when the customer asked for an estimate, you respond and then they do not respond anymore past that. What are we paying for in that scenario? You're absolutely right - what is to stop anyone from trolling and just playing around, asking for estimates at random when really they have no intention of following up or hiring anyone? That is a complete waste of OUR money and in no way values US as the customer! I recently had to pay $30 for a potential customer to ask me for an estimate, me to say "sure" and then him to say "never mind." Thirty. Dollars. And TT would have no part of refunding it, they said it was a valid lead. So incredibly frustrating!
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

For proof for the community members and moderators to see. Here is pictures I'm attaching of this Ghost lead showing I was the only painter that was contacted, and also showing multiple follow up messages after my first response and still no response from the customer. 

Screenshot_20190611-053615_Thumbtack Pro.jpg20190611_053654.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
So just to be honest, after sending my last response requesting the customer to let me know if he was still interested and also letting him know that US as painters have to pay to respond to customers when they request estimates/availability he send me an email. Comes out this customer hasn't even bought the house yet and that he was, "thinking about" buying the house he was talking about in the photos above. 😖😰........ wow not only did he take FOREVER to respond back, but now this customer doesn't even have, "new house" that he was talking about. This is ridiculous!!!! I paid for a lead for interior painting that took forever for a response, and turns our that this customer doesn't even have this house, not even in the process of buying this house!???....... This makes me so upset, that I feel that us as lead payers get taken advantage of. Thumbtack NEEDS to have a verification system to avoid useless leads like this to avoid wasting our time and MONEY for nothing! I'd still like to get my money back in credits, so that I can use it on customers with SERIOUS INQUIRIES. I understand that I wont win every job, but this lead was USELESS! It makes me not even want to pay for any leads after this.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Rafbayze I want to make sure we go through our due diligence with you on this contact. I'll be taking a second look and reaching out to you here in a direct message shortly.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Please make your thoughts on this issue public, as it affects all of us, the Pros. Not just the squeaky wheel! We need precedence and a company wide change of policy. Thank You, Gene

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Well sure he was fishing! And you know what?, they'll continue to fish, and that's because Thumbtack refuses to explain that or put any of the onus on the person seeking a Pro. They're not willing to do anything that might scare someone off. And that makes you and I the last concern they have. We need to be equal, at the least, in weighing out their priorities. Don't you think?

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@CC33 

I hear ya.

I've given suggestions similar to yours for over 8 months now. You can see one of my comments and the response here.

https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Product-news-updates/Keeping-you-in-the-feedback-loop-July-editio...

DJ Stevie 7-29-2019

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Check with Thumbtack, as they may have a policy where you get refunded if you don't receive a return response from these trollers within 48 hours.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Useless leads/refunds - They have no refund policy for non-response

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@CC33There is no policy that you dream of. In various conversations the moderators have told us repeatedly that "Ghosting is something we are very concerned about". They have no policy and they are not making any visible progress to eliminate the cost of Ghosts to the Pros.

In fact, think about the Thumbtack business model. Thumbtack is doing all they can to increase the number of ways to get us to pay them. One of those ways is to entice us with messages that will get us to click and spend a few dollars or a lot of dollars on a lottery ticket that does not require any payout to any Pro. The customers did not choose you and they did not send you a message about their project. Thumbtack did that on behalf of Thumbtack to get you to buy the chance to get Ghosted. Do not take the bait.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections