Highlighted

Re: Profile Consultations

Community Regular
Best Answer

Hi @ScottK

A couple things. I would start your about with what you do ad not the piece about thumbtack. Also, Maybe add headings that make sense rather than explaining the next paragraph. I honestly thought it was a generic template from thumbtack. Maybe using headings like "About Us" "Services" and "Requesting a Quote." 

Also, I would put a caption on your photos to tell the customer what you completed. Because you do Home Services, it is unclear what you completed in the photos. I feel like before and afters would be great too. 

Just my two cents! 🙂 

Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
www.thumbtack.com/biz/anulus-fms-1
Do you feel like you can trust my company to do a good professional job? Do you feel like we are the answer to your remodel, renovations and repair needs?
0 Likes

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hello everyone! 

I am trying to use Thumbtack to start my own remote/online personal styling service business. By working remotely I mean that I work with clients using Skype, WeChat, Facebook messenger, emails, phone convos, texts or any other remote/online/phone app format that is easily available to myself and my client. 

Here is the link to my profile: www.thumbtack.com/biz/sarah-smiley 

As for feedback, I don't have a lot of on the job experience so I'd like any advice you could give me on how to make myself seem more professional. I also don't have a completed website (no custom domain either)...Is there something I can put in its place until it is finished instead of just a link that goes nowhere? I don't have graphics/business images created yet so I feel like my business seems very immature. What do you all think? Where is the best place to have business graphics created?

Also, I know I talk/write A LOT and it seems like my profile may be on the lengthy side. What things should I keep and what should I edit out (i.e. what are the essentials?)? 

AND (yes I know I'm asking a lot!) how in the world do I decide on what to charge my clients?? That is one of my biggest issues...

Finally, I'd love to hear any other advice about anything else that jumps out at you. 🙂 

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Likes