Highlighted

Re: Profile Consultations

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
www.thumbtack.com/biz/vicki-s-tutoring-1

Hi! Just wanting any feedback (positive and/or constructive) on my profile. Thanks!!
Highlighted

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@VickiGC Congratulations on being named a Top 10 Tutor for 2018! I think your profile is filled with great information. The only thing I would recommend is when it comes to length, keep your intro short and sweet. You have information and details that customers want to know but that might be better to add that under the Questions and Answers section of your profile. 

Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Thank you for your feedback Nichole! I will tighten up my intro and answer the questions. Appreciate it!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

www.thumbtack.com/biz/sandra-asdourian-interiors

As an working interior designer in NY and a member of IDS in both NY and Naples,  I thought I might be able to work in Naples FL for the winter months too.

Please review my profile and suggest any edits

Highlighted

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@Naples 

Hi Sandra! Your profile looks so great, I am really impressed with your business. I loved the motto you included in your biography. The past projects section on your profile is my favorite piece. This section adds an edge for you on our competitive platform, many professionals tend to leave out this section. The photos for these past projects are beautiful and they are certain to win you more jobs! The one area of opportunity that I saw when looking at your profile was the review section. Right now you have a 5 star rating which is amazing! You currently have 4 reviews. Professionals with at least 5 reviews are much more likely to get hired. Here is a link to help you gain more reviews: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/ask-for-reviews. The photos on your profile look great, the quality is amazing. I love that you have added a Facebook and Instagram account to your profile, this way customers can view your work on other platforms as well. Best of luck to you in the future, thank you for being such a great professional on Thumbtack!

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Thank you so much Nikki, I really appreciate the feedback and I certainly keep working on the reviews.
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

@Naples 

I am very impressed by your profile, and in fact, you inspired me to populate the project section. My only suggestions are just to tighten the writing in a couple of sections:

• This is a little choppy: 
    Describe a recent project you are fond of. How long did it take?
    After 9 years of renting this condo the owner decided to convert this residence for their personal use. They consulted with Sandra about a renovation. They had a budget in mind of $25,000. They liked her design concept. She incorporated the Coastal Contempory look they wanted to achieve. 10 weeks
  • You missed "to start" in "I would suggest going on Pinterest start a board of everything you like, colors, styles and rooms."

That's it. By the way, I'm doing something similar in that I live and work in NY and in CA. I was told to start a second profile for my second location, but I'm not looking forward to having to ask former clients to send in another review.

Best of luck!

Sandra Foyt (yes, another Sandra!)

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

Thank you Sandra! Some times you just need a second pair of eyes! Good luck with your second home too!

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@MarleneSuzuki I see that you are new to Thumbtack so I want to start off by saying welcome! Your profile is looking great so far. You have great information that will help customers get a good feel for your business. I would encourage you to ask past customers for reviews to help you get started. Your profile will display up to 10 offsite reviews. To learn more about getting offsite reviews, click here. You can also take a free, voluntary background check which builds your credentials and will display a badge on your profile. We are excited to have you on the platform.