Re: Profile not showing up on search

Active Community Member
Best Answer
@Meckell
As you told me I waited but I see the situation is the same.
I watch my insights every day and I compare myself to other pros...I am at 100% of the competition.
I expanded my areas a lot, i add hair service.
And slow down my prices.
For a wedding makeup job type I have 100% availability, time frame, dates, services, number that people I can do is infinitive.
All my rankings are Very high:
Responsiveness
Reviews 156 and hired 183 all 5 stars
Availability 14 hours a day, huge range. 7 days a week
Profile strength
Promoted always
Prices average
According to this I should be one of the top pro because just few others have high rankings and that’s all.
My profile is not only at least at the top 5,it doesn’t show at all sometimes when i look for a makeup artist in my area.
I ve been trying to check from other people computer and phone but I am always down in the list.
12 spot or 15 spot.
I have all the credentials to be one of your really best makeup artist that offers a very good quality service but this is not recognized still unfortunately.

In this way my business is going down because it’s hard to see me on the list sometimes and I m truly sad for this because it’s not something that I deserve after all my work and my excellent rankings.
I just don’t understand. Please help me with this or escalate it to who generates the system because it shouldn’t work like that.
Thank you
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

I'm sorry to hear about this @Lai. Our customer support team is the best point of contact for specific account help like this. Please give them a call at 800-948-2034 so they can look into your account and provide you with next steps. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
I ve done it several times.
No explanation.
There is not one.
No one can help.
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
Unfortunately I did but without success.
It’s still a mistery why I have all my ranking at 100% plus 156 reviews 5 stars and be at the second page or at the bottom.
They don’t give me an explanation for it when I should clearly be on the top 5 at least. Rankings are the fact and so the comparison with other pros.
I m upset and no one can fix it or help me with this, no actions or email be back with valid explanation.
I never expected this...not from thumbtack.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Hi my business is not up either. It is called Home & Business Cleaning Professionals
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hello @Alex4074 and welcome to the Community!

Please check out my response here about what determines if and how you appear in search results. If you have specific questions regarding your rank, please contact us and someone from our support team would be more than happy to help you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Where are the leads?

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Thumbtack is practically a ghost town for me.

I'm running an experiment with some of my profiles.  I've had Promote turned on for 8 profiles since Monday morning.  I'm showing up at #1 for five of them and #2 for one of them. 

I've got 3 leads via Promote so far this week.  Those don't look promising.  I've bid on 10 other jobs manually.

Where are the leads?

My spending is down about 40% compared to my average for the past 4 months.   

Highlighted

Re: Where are the leads?

Active Community Member
Best Answer
This is why i don't promote; this would have cost me $14+, with no information from the client whatsoever.   This is what needs to be addressed by TT; how do they expect a pro to respond to this??  

pros contacted

2h 00m

avg pro response time

You'll only pay if the customer responds. See how much: Learn more
Job type Lighting Installation
Project type Replacement of existing lighting
Number of lights 2-4 lights
Lighting location Indoors, Outdoors
Construction type Existing property
Property type House
Zip code 01604
Scheduling preferences As recommended
Phone number Not available
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Where are the leads?

Community Expert
Best Answer

@StoriesUpSTL 

I've tried Promote, had no leads for couple of weeks. I pause it and receive leads that are 2-3 hours away from me. Hardly anything  local in the jobs tabs, except for dates that I have blocked off.

And now with some changes that @JasonB mentioned, looks like leads are going to be much less.

@Kameron @Meckell @JasonB and other reps/moderators, as @StoriesUpSTL asked, where are the leads? In my category, there have always been leads and a need for a DJ, but in recent weeks, more than a month now, almost nothing! Why is that? Is there something that isn't being shared with the Pros? Need explanation please

Highlighted

My business is not being listed

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

We've been using Thumbtack for 4 years, We're the moving company with more reviews than any other company in San Diego. We hold a 5-star review bagde. We helped with suggestions. Over the past 4 years we have spent over $5700 with Thumbtack and from out of nowhere our business just DISAPPEAR from the list of companies and moreover they are taking more than 2 weeks to fix it.

Companies with just one review or none are being listed for customers but us.

That's a shame!! We are always trying to do our best but Thumbtack is not a business partner. If we win, they would win! But it looks like they just want to win with companies which promote their business!

They do not allow us anymore to change our preferences without using the promote feature. It's a shame!