Highlighted

Re: My profile can not be found, despite CC being linked

Community Regular
Best Answer

Also, unrelated, but you guys may want to look into it.  The form kept throwing validation errors when trying to reply to your message, but would not highlight or specify the error.  I was able to overcome the issue by adding a space into the title field.  Os: Linux, browser: Chrome.

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@elegrit correct, there is a maximum number of pros that will be shown on the list. The list of pros that offer work remotely will be much more competitive and tougher to climb and show up in as opposed to the list customers see when looking for pros locally. 

As I continue to look through your account and your list locally, it does appear that you should at least show up somewhere on that list. I just double checked to find out that it can take up to 24 hours for a new account and profile to be shown and I apologize that I didn't come to realize and share that with your first post. So let's give it another day or so and if you're still not showing up in the search afterward please feel free to follow up and we can take another look.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

Hi Kameron,

I'm still not listed in the results and it's been over 24 hours.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@elegrit if you deselect the filter, Remotely (phone or internet), when searching for yourself, you'll see that your business is indeed being shown. As Kameron mentioned, the list of pros that offer work remotely will be much more competitive and tougher to climb and show up in as opposed to the list customers see when looking for pros locally. To be shown in that list, I would recommend getting a few more reviews. Remember that you're able to get 10 from customers outside of Thumbtack. Promoting your services will also help you as it gives you a rank boost. 

Let us know if you have any other questions! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

Ok, thank you.  I had a promotion, but removed it since I wasn't even showing up in the results.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Profile not showing up on search

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I've followed all the steps to have my profile show up. It doesn't even show up at the bottom of the search! I've read through all your articles. Thumbtack: please make this easier for pros to show up. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@droneskyphoto I took a quick look over your account and you've got a great profile going so far. The biggest thing you'll want to focus on is to collect some reviews. Reviews are the number one thing that customers look for and they also have a large impact on your ranking. By sharing your public review link you can collect up to 10 reviews from customers of yours that were not found on Thumbtack. To learn more you can visit this page: Ask for reviews.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
Hi.
My issue is even bigger and apparently no one can help me since I ve been calling and texting about this for weeks now and my situation is the same.
All my rankings are pretty high:
Responsiveness
Reviews 155 and hired 180 all 5 stars
Availability
Profile strength
Promoted
Prices average
According to this I should be one of the top pro because just few others have high rankings and that’s all.
My profile is not only at the top, it doesn’t show at all when you look for a makeup artist.
They keep repeating the same answers but I got to the conclusion that maybe it’s a way to tell me to deactivate my account?Sorry but I can’t think anything else. Because nobody can fix this or even give me a valid explanation since I have all that I need. Because of that I m not getting hired obviously and it’s frustrating because I ve been on the platform for 3 years now and I m one of the most successful pros.
I just don’t understand.
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Lai I just did a search for a makeup artist in your area, and you are indeed showing up on the list. I do understand where you're frustrations are coming from and that you're wanting to appear higher. It looks like you set your targeting preferences again just a few weeks ago. When you stop targeting and then start again, it can take a little bit of time for your ranking to go back up where it was. On top of that, you're in an extremely competitive market.

You have an outstanding profile, awesome reviews, and a quick response time. You are doing all of the right things. So just give it a little more time and keep doing what you're doing. If you're still not seeing your rank increase within the next week or so, please contact our support team. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
Thanks for you quick reply!!o appreciate it.
The thing is sometimes I show up and sometimes I don’t and even when I do I m not at the top five at least, it very down on the list.
I also sent some screenshots from my laptop and app and from a friend phone to try.
Some representative found this abnormal too and that’s why I needed to find out because it’s affecting my business a lot.
When I fly for over than 8 hour yes I have to put pause because I don’t want to pay for leads that I can’t reply..I know it’s a competitive market and it’s always been like that and I m totally fine.
Just think that the competition should also be with pros with my similar rankings instead of being at the bottom.
Even thou everyone deserves a chance I still think there is something in the middle to be fair and make everyone happy.
I really appreciate your time and I really hope that it will change soon so I can get back to work.
It’s already been few weeks i ll che k again as you said.
Thanks again!!
0 Likes