Highlighted

Re: My business is not being listed

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hey there @Luiz I just did a search for Furniture Moving and Local Moving in the 92115 zip code. You are at the very top of the list for both. Can you tell me which zip code you were searching in which you weren't showing up? I'm more than happy to look into this and see what's going on! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Of course I’m because I had to promote it!!!! I need to use the promote feature to my business show up on the results!!!

Now we are using your system and just yesterday we pay for a lead which does not match our availability!!!! You guys have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!! Our calendar is up to date and I didn’t receive refund for that lead!!!!

Shame shame shame!!!!
We are using your system!!!!! What’s going to be the answer now?????

Should I update the calendar or it doesn’t matter anymore????? Please help us here using your system because we have no idea how to avoid leads that we don’t want.

We have uptake each service and preference with attention and then it comes a lead which doesn’t match our preferences!!????? Ok, no problem, but say the the lead is good and it matches the preference it’s an absorb!!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Luiz sorry to hear about that lead. If you wouldn't mind sending me a direct message including the customer's name on it I'd be happy to take a second look at it with you. To send a direct message just click on my picture, view profile, and the direct message button.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

I can never get any answers

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

We started with Thumbtack 3 months ago and were immediately placed in top 3 rank list because of the fact we started buying every type lead we could. Now we have slowed down because they were charging us $500-600 a week for leads and what do you know, we are no longer in the top 3 anywhere...I get every canned answer they have in the Phillipines that make no sense like “well you only have 47 reviews”...yeah I had 10 when I started, so that makes no sense. Then I heard, “well your rating dropped to a 4.7”...yeah so, the 3 ranked above me have WORSE ratings than 4.7!! Why cannot I not get a decent answer from these people??

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: I can never get any answers

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Momneedsabreak I just took a look over your account and you ultimately appear to be doing everything right. Because of that, I'm seeing you actually showing up as #2 on the list. Keep in mind that even if your profile stats don't change your competitions could and that if there is a shuffle in the ranking that could be a reason why. As for the cost, I'd be sure to set your weekly budget to help control how much you'd like to spend. This article can be a big help: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/budget.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Again, not true...In a few regions like my home zip code yes we are number 2...but we operate in 3 different cities and we are 4th all over the city of Austin to pros that have way worse ratings!! Makes no sense...I pay you guys good money...I should not have to deal with this constantly from you. Yesterday, I couldnt even get anyone on the phone...that is ridiculous!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

And the “article” is no help, sir...I know how to set a budget! The budget on the app only goes to $100 or unlimited anyway so what good is that???

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Look at zip code 78741 for example, the top 3 pros have worse ratings, two of them have 4.3 ratings that are above me!! Those pros have had more reviews than me so that is not it either...what is going on?? I lost 2 good employees today because I don’t have the jobs for them that I have been paying for 3 months to provide to them...all of a sudden just gone??? How does Thumbtack explain this?? I have also spoken to other pros in the area on Thumbtack and they say their leads have slowed down to almost nothing...WHAT IS GOING ON???

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Momneedsabreak I truly am sorry to hear that things have been that slow for you at all, let alone with your Thumbtack account. I did take a look at the zip code you listed and the majority of the pros above you do have more reviews (with a few exceptions). As well, I mentioned there are a number of factors that can play into where a pro will show up in the search results and if a pro is showing up ahead of you.

1. The job details compared to your preferences.
  2. Location
  3. Your profile
  4. Whether you’ve listed pricing
  5. The experience you provide to Thumbtack customers (we take into account your reviews, responsiveness, activity level, etc.)
  6. Whether you’re promoting your business

You’re then ranked based on how all of that compares to other pros in your area.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
You clearly did not read any of my messages...none of these reasons are valid. They have always had more reviews because they have been on Thumbtack longer yet when we started, we were ahead of them!!! Why don’t you just admit that you put in the top 3 the pros that are accepting ALL TYPES OF JOBS THAT MAKE THUMBTACK THE MOST MONEY IS WHO WILL BE IN TOP 3?!?!?!?
0 Likes