Highlighted

Profile photo being randomized in search results?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I started looking my self up in thumbtack on different computers form google and any other search engine. I noticed when clients click on my profile, my profile photos are random. I specifically chose photos to show up 1st when coming to my profile, but every time I found my profile the 1st 3 images where random. 

This is not good! This can significantly decrease my lead chances. If the wrong photo shows up, it may discourage potential leads from choosing me.

Thumbtack encourages me to add photos to help search results, but it looks like less may work better.

*title edited by moderator on 2/11/2020 for clarity*

replies
Highlighted

Re: Photo Gallery photo are ramdon?

Community Expert
Best Answer

@TerryJones We definitely agree that your pictures are very important. It’s one of the first things customers see when they’re looking to hire the right pro. We've also seen that when a customer searches for a specific service, it’s helpful for them to see a photo that highlights what they’re looking for. If you have multiple photos of your work, the site may show one that fits with what the customer tells us they’re searching for. This helps them find the right match for their job.

I’ll be making sure to submit your feedback about this. We appreciate your point of view and helping Thumbtack improve.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

What tag do i have to put on the photo for it to show the correct photo when people search?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@TerryJones I'm afraid I don't have a any guidance in terms of what tags to add that could influence what is shown. However, it’s not just the captions that matter, our system is able to intelligently figure out what pictures are and surface them accordingly. Thanks again for the feedback on this.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

It's not doing it intelligently. It may at times but not enough the say it intelligent. Client looking for headshots are getting 2 of the only couple's photo I have or the product photos I have. That equals a lost lead. They are not going to look at my photos to see if I have headshots, they are going to move on. Thumbtack may need to rework that algorithm.

0 Likes