Highlighted

Ranking on search results

Active Community Member
Best Answer

How are the Pro rankings determined?

Today I logged out of my profile and searched for my company in the zip code of my office and found that I was 5th when I believe I should be at least 2nd.

I have more hires and reviews than the companies that are ranked 2nd - 4th.

I have a perfect 5 star rating, even though the 1st rank company does not.

Could you explain what the factors are that have me ranked below companies that have been hired less, and have less reviews than I do?ThumbtackSTLVideoProductionSearch012720.png

replies
Highlighted

Re: Ranking on search results

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@StoriesUpSTL a variety of things are taken into consideration when it comes to where a pro ranks. Things like being responsive, having reviews, having your pricing filled out and having a strong profile are all extremely important. 

I would recommend building on your profile a little bit more by adding your payment methods, social media, and some past projects. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@Meckell Thanks.  That seemed to have worked.  I'm coming up as #2 now. 

A couple more questions:

1) Where can I find my responsiveness score?

2) Why are videos allowed on the profile, but not for the past projects?  It's kind of annoying as a videographer that I can only show a still image to represent my past work on this section.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

That's great to hear @StoriesUpSTL! To see your response rate and your response time, just go to your insights

As far as you not being able to upload a video to past projects, that's valid feedback and I'll definitely pass it along. For now, I'd recommend to continue adding the Vimeo link in the description.

0 Likes
Highlighted

How Thumbtack Ranks Pro to users for targeted leads

Community Regular
Best Answer

Okay I am truly baffled!!

I am a Top Pro with 128 hires, 103 reviews, I’m rated at 4.9 stars, have completed at least 4 jobs a month over the last 3 years, and in Thumbtack words have a “super strong” Thumbtack Pro Profile.

That said, I have noticed, for months now, that there is a Thumbtack Pro who is not Top Pro rated and who only has 3 job hires, 3 five star reviews, and hasn’t been hired on Thumbtack at all over the last 9 months, who is consistently ranked higher than me on targeted leads. Point: It is much harder to maintain a 4.9 rating over 128 jobs then a 5 star rating over 3 jobs.

My question: Is there any weight or consideration given to the amount of jobs, the amount reviews, Top Pro status and sustaining a very high review average over a sustained period of time, in ranking Pro’s for targeted leads?

Where is the loyalty to Pro’s that have stuck it out with Thumbtack over the years of it's growing pains?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How Thumbtack Ranks Pro to users for targeted leads

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@sttnyc Congratulations on Top Pro and all of the success your business has found! We definitely value you and appreciate the awesome service you give your customers.

Where a pro ranks is determined by a number of things which you can read more about here. If after reading that you still have some questions, please let me know. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
You totally did not even address anything that I had in my comment... This is a serious problem it doesn't deserve a cookie-cutter, prefab... answer
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
The only thing that really matters in ranking #1 is your response time. Response time is so heavily weighed by their algorithms that the rest won't matter. Now to get in the top 5 or 10 those other things are important.

I have 200 hires, 89 reviews and a five star rating. I have a "super strong" profile and have targeting on in almost all my services. I've been top pro every year since they started the program.

I check my ranking every few days and once in a while I'm at #2 where the #1 has only a few hires and reviews, but, they were quicker to respond to the last lead that we both got.
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
Another interesting tidbit is that Tts Google ad never shows the picture of the #1 ranked pro, its always #2 or 3. Why is that?
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
It seems to me that the #1 factor is determined by your response times. After all that's TTs goal is to have instant results.