Highlighted

Re: Respond within an hour = way more likely to hear back.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@SMore yes, you can decline on the app. The next time this happens, will you send me a private message with a screenshot of the notification you received? I want to see what's going on. 

Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

We looked at national data across all the services on Thumbtack and one thing is clear: Pros who reply to new leads in their inbox within 60 minutes are a lot more likely to get a response.

That's brilliant!

When you say, 'a lot more likely' it's a little vague to me.

How would you define, 'a lot more likely'?

When you looked at your national data across all services on Thumbtack and CLEARLY found that Pros who reply to new leads within 60 minutes are a 'lot more likely' to get a response did you find that they were twice as likely, three times as likely, ten times as likely, a hundred times as likely?

What does 'a lot more likely' actually mean? Could you elaborate?

Regards,
Laurence.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Great question @Lar! We've seen that if a pro responds to a customer within one hour, they're 20% more likely to hear back from a customer. If they respond within five minutes, they're 50% more likely to hear back.  

Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

Thanks Meckell, those are useful stats to know.

Cheers,
Laurence.

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

A quick reply helps us both.  The lead gets rapid information and the pro gets a boost in rankings.   

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

If you don’t want the lead, decline it. Fast.

That way we can tell the customer you’re not available and you can move on to the next lead. There’s no penalty for declining. It’s actually really helpful — for you and for us. If you decline a lot of similar leads, we’ll show you lower in search results for those kinds of jobs. And if you do it quickly, we’ll consider you a responsive pro and give you a rank boost in search results.

Question: Does there have to be a connection between declining leads and being determined non-responsive? 

I'm a little confused...I think what you're saying here is if you decline leads we'll lower your rank. But then if we do it quickly, we get a rank?

What if we think that price is way too high and we don't want to pay for that? It might have nothing to do with the type of job actually. 

In my category, the jobs are essentially the same (Marriage/Relationship Counseling). Yes, each couple is different, but with Thumback's initial collection of information, they are all the same! And yet there can be a $10 range in terms of pricing.

So, I'm asking, why do you lower our rank just because we've declined a lead?

We still have the same "credentials" to keep us high in the ranks. Sounds like "punishment" for declining leads we think are too expensive.

Thanks for the clarity; I might just be missing what you're saying. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@MLCC I'm happy to clarify! It is important to take action on any lead you get whether that's accepting or declining. If you're declining leads that match your preferences often, that tells us that you aren't as available for those jobs. We want customers to get in contact with pros quickly. If customers are reaching out to a pro who declines their lead, they have to find another pro to reach out to. So, if we see a pro is declining often, it's not the best customer experience and might see their ranking go down. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Meckell 

But there are many factors why a Pro is declining, isn't that why there is a short survey as to why we decline leads? Doesn't Thumbtack take that into consideration?

There have been times where I get called from one of my regular venues if I was available to DJ on a certain date. Several weeks ago, it happened to me, twice. I then get a lead asking my availability for those dates that I booked a few hours prior with my venues. After declining and filling out that survey, I received emails from 2 Thumbtack reps telling me how to use the calendar, booking, gave me links..They didn't understand that I was just booked prior to receiving those leads..

And I guess I was punished because at the time, I dropped in ranking.

That isn't fair at all!

DJ Stevie

5-8-2019

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@MLCC 

When we are Promoting, we don't see the lead cost until after we get a "conversation starter", and there have been times I felt that the pricing was too high for a 3 hour DJ job. Many times I was ghosted after I replied.

As for rank, I said it earlier in this thread that we had discussed in a previous  thread for a time frame(4hr-24hr) for a Pro to reply because of daily circumstances(work, family issues, driving, sleep, school, etc). But don't know if that feedback was ever passed on and/or what the status is if it was passed on

DJ Stevie

5-8-2019

0 Likes