Highlighted

Re: Respond within an hour = way more likely to hear back.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@mrs When you promote your business you can still give customers a quick response. Can you expand more about why you think this is a contradiction?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@MeckellOf course a Pro can still reply quickly, Promote doesn't somehow prohibit replying quickly. The contradiction is that with promote on a pro will be one of the first seen(and availible to the customers perspective) at any time of the day; while they sleep, drive on the highway, are performing services for another client or even just set down their phone for 10 minutes. Perhaps pros are showing in the top 20 when they haven't been on TT in days? we don't know the exact criteria for list position.  Promote doesn't ask us to tell it when we're available to respond. Suggesting a 5 minute response time in conjunction with a system that does not have an "opt-in when available" filter is only providing 1/2 the tool. I am aware of the pause feature but that feature seems to never be mentioned when Promote and reply times are discussed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@mrs Where you rank on a customers search is determined by the following criteria: reviews, making sure your prices are filled out, having a complete profile, being responsive, and promoting your business. This article here has a lot of helpful information about this. 
We encourage pros to respond as quickly as they can. As of right now there isn't the option for you guys to tell us when you're not near your phone and can't respond. That's a great idea though! I'll be sure to pass this along to our Product Team. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Meckell In those cases, what about the possibility of an auto response that gives the lead some information about the pro's avaailability and their contact information? When the lead picks a promoted pro, they get back an auto response created in advance by the pro so at least a response is given back to the lead quickly.

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Meckell 

In a thread from last week, we were commenting how a time frame would be welcomed(4-24 hours), Whatever is chosen is fine with us.

Many of us aren't by our phones or computers 24/7 because of many reasons that I stated last week,(work, driving, and family issues being 2 of them). We get a conversation starter, but then the customers gets a list of other Pros to choose from "just in case". By the time we reach out to the customer, it's too late as we weren't given the courtesy of a time frame, especially if a customer specifically chose a particular Pro.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@MR 

Your suggestion for an automated response is one I didn't think of. I think that it would work.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@MR @DJStevie all great suggestions. Thanks for sharing! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Meckell @DJStevie   Thanks. On my other lead services I get an email from the service that provides the phone number, email address and brief description of the issue for the lead. I use Zapier to autogenerate a "customized" email and text message that includes their name and looks like it was created just for them. The response rate of leads back to those messages is very high because they get the message and text less than a minute after they made the request... and it all happens automatically so I dont have to be at my computer or phone to initiate the conversation.

I pay for the lead to the lead genereator.. after that, its up to me and the lead and the lead generator is out of the picture.

Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Meckell I'll just add that Zapier integration with TT would be a huge win for the pros!  As would the ability to parse the lead information to auto load into a CRM tool.

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

I respond right away but most often will get an email reminder after I've declined the request.  I'll decline again and will get another reminder.  Can you not decline on the app?  Do I need to be logged into my computer on the full site?

0 Likes