Highlighted

Re: Respond within an hour = way more likely to hear back.

Active Community Member
Best Answer

How can we respond quickly to the jobs tab requests when we aren’t notified they are there? I see posts that are hours old and I get no notification of them anymore.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@mm @DJStevie

Jobs Tab- How quickly pros react to jobs in the Jobs tab will not affect their responsiveness. The only time responsiveness will be measured in reference to those jobs is if the customer responds to the quote you sent. The amount of time it takes for the pro to respond back for the first time is what will factor into your score.  

Leads in your Inbox- Declining a lead is considered a response, so declining quickly will be better than taking a long time to decline. When presented with the option to accept or decline a lead be sure to choose one and not leave the customer hanging, as doing nothing will reflect negatively on your response time. If you choose to accept a lead then you'll want to send a timely message in response to the customer. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Kameron That doesnt answer @mm 's question.

He asked "How can we respond quickly to the jobs tab requests when we aren’t notified they are there? I see posts that are hours old and I get no notification of them anymore."

This is about the pro's ability to win jobs by responding quickly to a lead in the Jobs Tab since there is no way to receive an alert.

Can we get alerts when a new job lands in the Jobs Tab?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Kameron 

I understand how the response time works with Promote on. I thought that @mm was asking why he doesn't see any jobs in the jobs tab. Just explaining that we only receive grouped emails, unless he sits by his computer or phone 24/7 to see the jobs come in. Not many of us have that luxury because of work, school, family issues, etc.

As for Promote, several of us have mentioned that we need a time frame before being penalized for not responding to customers, as well as other suggestions

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@MR as we've discussed before, we are putting less emphasis on the jobs shown in the Jobs tab since it's more of a secondary way for pros to express interest in jobs where another pro has already been directly contacted. When pros need to keep how quickly they respond in mind, are when customers reach out to them directly as a new lead or when they respond to a quote. These are where we're seeing a quick response really make a difference. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@DJStevie the explanation I gave is how response time is factored as a whole and is not dependent on if a pro is promoting or not. The only thing I would add to that explanation for pros promoting is that if they have a new lead in their inbox they'll either need to type out a reply or decline the lead. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

A pro contacted doesn’t mean they’ve responded so I would have a better chance of engaging that customer and winning the job if I know right away the lead exists, even as a secondary vendor. 

If you’re not going to notify me then why even bother with the jobs tab at all?

Additionally, I though TT was all about getting as many pros to respond as quickly as possible? Would it not be best for the end-user if an engaged pro like myself responded to them quicker than the one they chose?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Kameron   I just dont follow the logic. This one actually makes me angry. Put yourself in the pro's shoes, not TT.. 

Everyting you do for pros contributes to a value proposition. Where you do well for a pro, you raise value. Where you second guess a pro's priorities incorrectly, you lower your value.

Any lead, and I mean any lead, regardless of what box it is in represents an opportunity for a pro to be hired and make money. The pro could not care less what box it is in. It is a (presumably) live lead that the pro would love to win. That's how he stays in business. If you (TT) presents a lead, we want the ability to win the lead's business.  Its that simple. It has nothing to do about TT's algorithm for rankings, etc in this context.

Your placing of priority on one box vs another is just not consistent to where the pro's mindset is in pursuing business.  Regardless of the box they are in, they represent EXACTLY the same potential earnings for a Pro.

Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

Communicating our problems and issues to TT is apparently all one-way. We can make our points, the moderators help as much as they can, and they submit our feedback to someone else in TT. That's as far as it goes.

We rarely hear anything back, not even an acknowledgement from whoever receives our feedback that Thumbtack actually recognize that the issues we are reporting are issues that could/should/will be even addressed.

MR said...

Please also do not overlook the fact that the current system is very much in opposition to your agreement in that as soon as a lead posts for a job response, the system immediately gives the lead several more pros to consider "just in case." So this is bigger than just putting up a pop up to the lead... this really is about a change in mindset on how TT currently works.

So very true. I raised twice on this board, my feedback was passed on for review. No response.

Thumbtack automatically charge me for a Promoted lead and then immediately encourage my lead (the one I just paid for) to consider contacting other Pros and helpfully provides my lead with a list of my competitors before I've had an opportunity to contact my lead.

Are Thumbtack invested in my success when they do that? I don't think so.

Thumbtack automatically charge me for a Promoted lead and then post details about my lead (the one I just paid for) on my competitors Jobs tabs encouraging my competitors to compete against me before I've had an opportunity to contact my lead. How does that demonstrate to me that Thumbtack are invested in my success?

Are Thumbtack invested in my success when they do that? I don't think so.

When my feedback is continually ignored and Thumbtack's system is designed in a way that deliberately interferes with my ability to turn the leads I purchase from Thumbtack into customers I can only conclude that Thumbtack aren't invested in my success. I'm sorry but that's how I see it.

I'm sure that Thumbtack would 'like' me to be successful but the system isn't really designed with that goal in mind. If it were then we wouldn't be having this discussion. 

Regards,
Laurence.

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
I completely agree, "a quick response to an inquiry leads to more conversions to customers." Which is exactly why I don't use Promote now or Insta Match previously. Does no-one else see the inherent contradiction?