Highlighted

Re: Review Policy Nightmare

Community Regular
Best Answer
Hi there -- I am so sorry that you experienced that. I agree that as a pro, especially one spending thousands of dollars a month in Thumbtack fees, this type of experience is absolutely detrimental to our business.

We are a removal service, and the way Thumbtack does pricing for us is based on "pick up trucks". So, a customer who has junk to remove must pick how many pick up truck beds the item fits in, and from there they get an estimate from Thumbtack.

This process is totally flawed. For example: I had a customer with an ENTIRE POOL say that it would fit in the back of a pick up truck, and then was upset with the increase in price. Thumbtack would NOT refund this job at all.

Hopefully enough of us pile onto this thread so that Thumbtack will eventually take notice and revisit how they think about these policies.
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
On top of these examples above, I just had another SHOCKING thumbtack policy review....

The customer reached out for services and then subsequently cancelled his account. When I went to view this lead, I had no other choice but to decline the lead (literally, Thumbtack only had one button).

When I requested a refund, I was denied by thumbtack. Can’t make this stuff up....
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Agreed! 100%! I had a customer give me a 2 star that I had never spoken to. I declined his direct lead because he asked for a service that we do not provide. One other flaw with TT lead service is you don’t get to relay to the customer why you declined them. To me it’s like a customer calling you and you just hanging up on them. No explanation why you won’t speak to them. Just Decline. So the customer in question gave me 2 stars (why? Idk) and killed my 5 star rating. And, of course, TT was no help. Reviews cannot be removed. It’s unfair to the Pros which is interesting because WE are TT’s customers! They should be trying to please and retain us but they are doing everything, including raising rates, to repel us. I reject a lot of leads due to the price increases. Especially hauling leads. The customer has no clue how many truck loads they have and I need to see what’s in the load. I got an email the other day that prices will be going down “stay tuned!” Holding my breath for that. Can we give TT star ratings?
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I am so sad to read these posts. Until recently we had only five star reviews and two four stars. We are the leading pro in our industry in the area. We spend thousands of dollars a month on leads and refer many other pros as well. However, two weeks ago we received a request for a furniture moving job. The gentleman wanted two 600 lb. refrigerators moved. My husband the owner offered to squeeze in and go out himself instead of our crew
To help him. We face him a competitive quote but because we would not do the move for $25 he lied and left a bad review. We called thumbtack and requested it be removed and they declined. We also received another review and while it was a 1 Star the Situation was our fault. Because of these reviews they are challenging our top pro status which I believe is completely crazy and unfair
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Completely agree - Thumbtack TAKE NOTE of the comments here and adjust your policies! I completely understand not having reviews removed just because they may be negative, but there are too many of us who've had a similar circumstance occur.

I had a similar situation - I provide tax preparation services, and the client can check off whether they want someone local or someone remote. However, I was sent a lead that wanted a local preparer even though I wasn't local (I work remotely). Because of this annoyance, the client gave ME 1 star with no explanation. I fought with Thumbtack chat for at least 2 hours to have the review removed, ultimately having to screenshot a response from the potential client saying the review as "For Thumbtack, not for you".

TL;DR - Even when it's their system that is flawed, you still have to fight with them.
0 Likes